18 янв. 2019 г.

Somewhere Else

The Good Place 2×13


Tahani: Whatever progress I have made, it's because you and I have become mates... That's British for "friends."
Eleanor: No, I know.

Eleanor: Hot diggity dog... Oh, no! Now the thing I said right after we kissed will always be "hot diggity dog..." Whatever. It was an honest reaction. I stand by it.

Judge: I still believe that the only reason that you improved in Michael's fake neighborhood is because you thought there was a reward at the end of the rainbow. You're supposed to good things because you're good! Not because you're seeking moral desert.

Eleanor: I've been nothing but good for, like, six months, and all I have to show for it is this crummy apartment, a lawsuit, a loose caboose, and an overdrawn bank account. Being good is for suckers. What do you even get out of it?
Joe: A feeling of fulfillment in your soul...?
Eleanor: Gross. That's the grossest sentence I've ever heard, okay? I quit. Eat my farts, Benedict Cumberbatch!

Eleanor: You know the thing is, the problem really, with being a do-gooder?
Michael: What's that?
Eleanor: No one cares.

Eleanor: I mean, some people care a little bit. The twerpy little twerps from the environmental place,
they care, but I was a good person for six months. That's like five years and it felt okay, but not as good as I thought it would. And what did I get for it?
Michael: Ah, see, now you're talking about moral desert.
Eleanor: Exactly! Wait, I am? What?!

Eleanor: I gotta go home. What do I owe ya?
Michael: The real question, Eleanor, is what do we owe to each other?
Eleanor: What? Did I sell you a drink? Am I a bartender? Drinks are on me.

Chidi: What do we owe to each other? That is the question Tim Scanlon asked decades ago, and it is a question I will try to answer over the next three hours—
Eleanor: Ugh. No thanks.

Chidi: We all have a voice in our head. That voice doesn't tell us what to do or not do, but it does warn us when we do things that don't feel good or right....

Eleanor: Are you Chidi Ana... kendrick?

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий