28 янв. 2019 г.

The Great War and Modern Memory

True Detective 3×1


Detective Hays: Ten years is nothin'. I remember everything.
Jim Dobkins: Well, we can't know. I mean, what you don't remember, you don't know you don't remember.

Jim Dobkins: Let's get through this first. Could you tell us about November 7th, 1980? Your timeline of events.
Detective Hays: Sure.

Detective West: It's more honest than most relationships. You never bought no Saigon trim while you was over there?
Detective Hays: Guess I'm a romantic...
Detective West: I'm a feminist. They want to sell me a piece of ass, they got the right... Shit. You're gonna pay for it one way or another.

Jim Dobkins: Never occurred to you he might be lyin'?
Detective Hays: 'Course it did. General rule is, everybody's lyin'. Period.

Hays: I used to think back then... it was before 'Nam and after 'Nam. But more it's... before the Purcell case and after. And it keeps comin' back...

Amelia: I hear something now and then... They're all poor around here. That's the main thing.

Detective West: Think they're lyin'? I mean, they're lyin', but... think it's just regular teenage lyin', or somethin' else?

Detective West: He's got his own thing... Man was a LRRP in 'Nam. You know what that is? Long range reconnaissance. Drop 'em in the jungle alone, come out two or three weeks later with scalps... He's like a pathfinder. Tracks wild boar for fun.

Detective Hays: We have to find her.
Detective West: It's too dark, man.
Detective Hays: I don't care.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий