6 янв. 2019 г.

Let's Face the Music and Dance

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel 2×6


Susie: Is he... Is he coming back down?
Midge: I don't know.
Susie: Should we wait?
Midge: I don't know.
Susie: Can we sit?
Midge: I don't know.

Shirley: Rosie, don't play dumb. We've all seen Abe in his little romper; it's hysterical.
Moishe: And so formfitting. Every cut of the mohel's knife on vivid display.

Joel: You're not eating, Astrid?
Astrid: No, I'm not. I'm fasting for Tisha B'Av.
Joel: What's that again?
Astrid: It's a day in remembrance of the destruction of the First and Second Temples, but I guess no one else gives a shit!!

Abe: This isn't about their breakup, Noah. No. That was centuries ago. Many things have happened since. Many suns have risen... and many have set.
Shirley: He's lost his mind...
Moishe: Like he's swallowed Gandhi.

Abe: I'll let you know when the time is right.
Midge: I'd like to tell her when we get back to the city.
Abe: No, when we get back, we unpack.
Midge: We'll unpack either way.
Abe: No, if everyone gets distracted, we won't unpack, and suitcases and boxes will be crowding the place for weeks. I can't live like that.
Midge: Fine, then after we unpack.
Abe: And get past Hanukkah.
Midge: Hanukkah? That's months away!

Susie: You know none of that's gonna happen, right? Especially the poet... Night, everybody. ... And whichever one of you is gonna change your name, don't. Use that shit.

Abe: If you're afraid, son, then be so, because here comes a classic knockdown, courtesy of Sir Isaac Newton's first and second laws of motion...

Moishe: Come on. She's your type: she's cute, she's quiet, she knows how to read...

Susie: I'm taking care of it, Stevie. Have plunger, will travel.

Abe: It's Speech Synthesis... It'll go way beyond just the production of words. The machine itself will eventually know what to say. We are talking artificial intelligence.
Noah: The future is now.
Abe: There are applications in cryptography, satellite communications...

Abe: I insisted they let me recruit my own team, because I wanted a certain diversity. I almost hired a woman...

Abe: No, wait, I have a security clearance. I think I deserve to know more.
Charles: I'm going to be frank with you, Abe. Your clearance level is extremely low. It allows you to see some non-consequential documents, but its level is not much above, say, the janitorial staff.
Dabney Franklin: Theirs may be higher, what with the disposal of documents, the shredding...
Charles: Yeah, I'm pretty sure the janitors have a higher security clearance than you.

Midge: You cold?.. You look cold. You can share the blanket.
Benjamin: I'm a man. I'm a Jew. I suffer.


Abe: We think we know Son-X, but we don't know Son-X.

Astrid: I'm not supposed to tell you.
Rose: Oh, of course. But it's complicated.
Astrid: Oy, doo zugst mir.

Rose: Does he keep in touch when he's away?
Astrid: He usually can't.
Rose: But if he's away and you need to reach him, are you able to?
Astrid: Not really.
Rose: What would you do in an emergency?
Astrid: Oh, I don't know. I can't just dial the operator and say, "Give me the CIA." It doesn't work that way.
Rose: Of course not.

Abe: Does he... kill people?
Rose: I don't think so.
Abe: I... I would like to know if my son kills people.

Susie: It's our ride.
Midge: It's a tank.
Susie: The rich girl in my cabin said she'd lend me her wheels. I didn't know it was gonna be the car the Archduke Ferdinand was assassinated in.
Midge: Do you crank it?
Susie: No, but when you start it, the sound will scare the crap out of you.

Shirley: That's the thing about mah-jongg. The longer you grind on... 14, 15, 16 hours... these alta kakas get dopey and they don't know what tiles they're passing. They don't even know their own names.

Rose: My God, I've only ever played mah-jongg for pennies. I've never lost $12.
Shirley: $12? Honey, no, I was down $1,200. Who would play for a lousy $12?
Rose: Shirley, you were down $1,200?!
Shirley: Oh, it sounds like a lot, but in mah-jongg it's not, really.

Shirley: Who would bring Cossacks into a room full of Jews?!!

Rose: Come on, Abe.
Abe: I don't want to—
Rose: We can dance here, or we can dance in Paris...

Joel: I guess it's time we dance with someone else.
Midge: I guess so.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

+ Guide to Mrs. Maisel’s Best Catskills References

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий