4 янв. 2019 г.

The Devil Wears Prada (2006)

Miranda Priestly: I don't understand why it's so difficult to confirm appointments.
Emily: I'm so sorry. I actually did confirm...
Miranda Priestly: Details of your incompetence do not interest me.

Miranda Priestly: Tell Simone I won't approve that girl she sent me for the Brazilian layout. I asked for clean, athletic, smiley. She sent dirty, tired and paunchy.

Miranda Priestly: Before today, you'd never heard of me?
Andy Sachs: No.
Miranda Priestly: And you have no style or sense of fashion.
Andy Sachs: Well... I think that depends on what you're...
Miranda Priestly: No, no. That wasn't a question.

Nigel: Corn chowder. That's an interesting choice. You do know that cellulite is one of the main ingredients in corn chowder?
Andy Sachs: None of the girls here eat anything?
Nigel: Not since two became the new four and zero became the new two.
Andy Sachs: Well, I'm a six.
Nigel: Which is the new 14.

Irv Ravitz: Congratulations, young lady. A million girls would kill for that job.


Andy Sachs: I'm still learning about all this stuff and, uh...
Miranda Priestly: «This stuff»? Oh, okay. I see. You think this has nothing to do with you. You go to your closet and you select... I don't know... that lumpy blue sweater, for instance because you're trying to tell the world that you take yourself too seriously to care about what you put on your back. But what you don't know is that that sweater is not just blue, it's not turquoise. It's not lapis. It's actually cerulean. And you're also blithely unaware of the fact that in 2002, Oscar de la Renta did a collection of cerulean gowns. And then I think it was Yves Saint Laurent... wasn't it who showed cerulean military jackets? I think we need a jacket here. And then cerulean quickly showed up in the collections of eight different designers. And then it, uh, filtered down through the department stores and then trickled on down into some tragic Casual Corner where you, no doubt, fished it out of some clearance bin. However, that blue represents millions of dollars and countless jobs and it's sort of comical how you think that you've made a choice that exempts you from the fashion industry when, in fact, you're wearing the sweater that was selected for you by the people in this room from a pile of «stuff».

Andy Sachs: There is no plan B. There's only plan A.

Emily: I rarely say this to people who aren't me... but you have got to calm down. Bloody hell.

Andy Sachs: It's a busy day. And my personal life is hanging by a thread, that's all.
Nigel: Well, join the club. That happens when you start doing well at work, darling. Let me know when your whole life goes up in smoke.

Nate: You know, in case you were wondering... The person whose calls you always take... that's the relationship you're in.

Andy Sachs: Is there anything else I can do?
Miranda Priestly: Your job. That's all.

Andy Sachs: What if this isn't what I want? I mean, what if I don't wanna live the way you live?
Miranda Priestly: Oh, don't be ridiculous, Andrea. Everybody wants this. Everybody wants to be us.

Miranda Priestly: Go.

--
+++ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий