11 янв. 2019 г.

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (2018)

Audience Member: Have you always wanted to be a writer?
Juliet Ashton: Always, yes. It's the perfect job. Sitting, indoors, always near a teapot.

Juliet Ashton: 'Perhaps there is some secret sort of homing instincts in books that brings them to their perfect readers.'

Juliet Ashton: 'I have located Lamb's "Shakespeare" and I am happy to present it to you in exchange for the answers to three questions. Why did a roasted pig have to be kept a secret? How could a pig cause you to begin a literary society? And, most pressing of all, what is a potato peel pie?'

Eben Ramsey: A potato peel pie. No butter, no flour, just potatoes... and potato peelings.

Dawsey Adams: 'You already know what books can do. That's something we share, different as our lives may be.'

Eben Ramsey: We beat them in '18. Here they are again. How did we let this happen?

Dawsey Adams: To Charles Lamb... "Contented with little, yet wishing for more."

Charlotte Stimple: Miss Ashton, let us pray.
Juliet Ashton: I pray you let go of me before I knock you down! Now here is a book filled with love. And you overlook all of it in favor of judgment and petty meanness. "Seek and ye shall find" indeed! It is I that shall pray for you, Miss Stimple. But from a far safer distance.

Elizabeth: Because you give me the last piece of bread when I ask. That is why I trust her to you.

Isola Pribby: She's only four. What can she understand?
Mrs. Burns: I'm older than time. And I understand nothing. Nothing.

Juliet Ashton: 'Do you suppose it's possible for us to already belong to someone before we've met them? Oh, very much so, yes. If so, I belong to you, or you to me, or me simply to the spirit I found among you on Guernsey. That is as good a definition of family as any I know.'

Juliet Ashton: Would you like to marry me?... I'm in love with you. So I thought I'd ask.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий