11 нояб. 2018 г.

Vietnam

This Is Us 3×4


Kevin: How in the hell can I know so little about my dad's time in Vietnam?...

Robinson: You're scared, Pearson. Don't you ever get tired of pretending like you ain't plain, flat-out scared?
Jack: Nah, I've been pretending my whole life, man. I don't know any other way.

Robinson: My ma... she used to, um, she used to do this thing, we were little, when we were scared. .... She'd tell us to breathe. It's a funny thing that we forget sometimes. We so scared that we gonna die, we forget to do the thing that keeps us alive. Breathe.

Commanding Officer: They want the place pacified, whatever the hell "pacified" means. I mean, how do you pacify people who don't want to be pacified?

Jack: Look, I just need to be where he is. Okay? Even if I can't get to him. Even if I can't do anything for him. I just need to be there. He's my little brother, Doc. It's my job to take care of him. That is my only job.

Jack: I have a plan...

Jack: Hey, you were born lucky. Remember? Your birthday is gonna be the 365th one called tonight, and you're not gonna get drafted. We just don't want to hear "October 18" for a very long time tonight... You know, I read that the cutoff is something like 200. And anybody picked after that's probably not gonna go.

Nick: I wonder what happens next to me. It's weird, isn't it... the way we think about our lives? What's next? What happens next? Always moving forward. I wonder if things would make more sense if you looked at everything in reverse. Like, if you... started at the end, and move backwards and try to figure out how you got there.

Nurse: Well, 11:58 p.m.... made it just by the skin of our teeth... October 18 after all. 18 is a very lucky number.

Stanley: Now, remember... big brothers look out for their little brothers. It's their only job. It's the only thing that matters.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий