9 нояб. 2018 г.

Constant Horror and Bone-Deep Dissatisfaction

You're the Worst 1×9


Jimmy: My frame of reference for love has always come from literature. In my brooding youth, Bronte encapsulated my viewpoint thusly: "The trouble is not that I am single and likely to stay single, but that I am lonely and likely to stay lonely." But as I grew up, my darkening view was more Shakespeare: "Love is merely a madness and I tell you, deserves as well a dark house and whip as mad men do." But now... now... since you... to my abject horror, my view on love can best be described by Nicholas Sparks in The Notebook: "It's not easy... it's hard... and you have to work at it, but it's worth it... because I want you... I want all of you... forever." Or something like that.

Edgar: Are you sure... it's even a good idea that you go?
Jimmy: What's the worst I could do?

Gretchen: Why does everyone feel the need to have these things, these, like, symbols of adulthood? Like, a food processor? Why do you need this stuff?
Lindsay: That's an interesting question... I think, maybe, it means you're investing in your future. You may not use it every day or even very often at all, but knowing that at any moment you could make pesto without having to borrow a friend's or improvise some lesser method, that knowledge, that possibility, makes you an adult.

Jimmy: Superman is aware that kryptonite is his kryptonite, and he keeps getting mixed up with it anyway. Women, romantic happiness, is my kryptonite.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий