13 нояб. 2018 г.

Seven Deadly Sins and a Small Carl Sagan

Young Sheldon 2×6


Pastor Jeff: Once again, our intentions were pure...

Pastor Jeff: ...But, most importantly, you'll have an opportunity to bring people to God by vividly demonstrating the perils of sin.

Mary: I already know the first change I'm gonna make. Instead of calling it "Hell House," which is a little off-putting, I'm gonna call it... "Heck House." Isn't that great?

Georgie: Oh, I get it. Happy wife, happy life.
George: You need to stop talking.

Connie: Hang on, y'all are trying to scare people into joining the church?
Mary: Yeah. But people like getting scared on Halloween anyway. Why not make 'em jump in the right direction?

Sheldon: Actually, fear has been a recruiting tactic used by organized religion for centuries. When you add guilt to keep people in line, it's an extremely efficient form of crowd control.
Mary: Our religion is based on love, Sheldon, not fear.
Sheldon: So what happens when people don't follow the rules?
Mary: They burn in hell.... Because God loves 'em.


Mr. Lundy: Oh, please. Anything for the church.
Mary: Are you a religious man?
Mr. Lundy: I'm an actor. I'm whatever you need me to be.

Mr. Lundy: Pride, envy, gluttony, lust, sloth, wrath and greed!
Mary: Wow, you know your sins!
Mr. Lundy: Well, again, I'm an actor. They are the tools in my box.

Mary: Do you believe this?
Connie: Believe it, love it, glad I didn't wait in the car.

George: No good?
Mary: It's awful. It makes sin seem like a good thing.
George: Well, that's the problem, isn't it? I mean, if sin didn't seem like a good thing, nobody would do it.

Mary: George, please, I'm in no mood!
George: Hey. Wrath. That's one of the seven sins, right?

George: Oh, look, pride. And envy. Don't stop. Four sins to go... I'm guessing lust ain't happening tonight.

Mr. Lundy: Mary, I am a trained theater professional. Why don't you just let me do what I do, while you, you know, go home and make... a nice tuna casserole. Hmm?

Adult Sheldon: Vindication, the sweetest candy of all!

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий