12 нояб. 2018 г.

Because You Left

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel 1×3


Joel: You're destined for better things than this...

Midge: Salt it. The stain. Salt it, then pour boiling water on it till the water runs clear. Stain should be gone.

Imogene: Midge, you don't skim Dr. Spock, you absorb Dr. Spock, you inhale Dr. Spock. I mean, how are your children even alive and you have not read Dr. Spock?
Midge: I'm not sure.
Imogene: It's everything you need to know about raising children.

Midge: Don't forget to sit on the baby!

Kessler: Kirk Douglas gave me that. He used it when he played Van Gogh in that movie.
Midge: Really? W-Wow. I-I love Kirk Douglas.
Kessler: I worked pro bono for his pal, Trumbo, when he refused to name names to Congress.

Susie: Voting rights, he's on it.
Midge: What's happening with voting?
Kessler: Besides states keeping Negroes from the polls, you mean?
Susie: Yeah, Ethel and Julius Rosenberg, he was on their team.
Kessler: Took four zaps in the chair to kill poor Ethel. There was smoke coming out of her ears.
Susie: Ah, Jewish women are known to be more difficult.
Midge: This is really fascinating. I'm-I'm gonna read up on all this stuff when I get home.

Kessler: We will fight it all.
Midge: Good. I would like to be found innocent.
Kessler: I would like that, too. Cops that hang out around outside clubs waiting to harass entertainers for doing their thing, I hate that. Passionately. You start controlling speech, you're slip-sliding toward fascism, and we saw how that turned out.

Midge: My behavior earlier today was irrational, irresponsible and extremely disrespectful. I let my emotions get the better of me. After all... I am a woman.

Lenny Bruce: But it's jazz. Who can tell when you're missing the notes?

Midge: So, first time at a jazz club, raise your hand.... Just me? Wow. Only virgin. Losing my virginity to a bunch of jazz musicians, every Jewish mother's worst nightmare.

Susie: She's special. I mean, raw, unpredictable. And we are going forward in a big, aggressive way. ... I just, I got one question.
Drake: Shoot.
Susie: What the hell do I do?
Drake: One question, huh? Okay, lesson one, learn how to deal with secretaries.

Midge: No. Because you left.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий