13 нояб. 2018 г.

I, Daniel Blake (2016)

Daniel Blake: Listen, you know, you give me a plot of land, I can build you a house. But I've never been anywhere near a computer.
Job Centre Floor Manager: D'you know what, we're digital by default.
Daniel Blake: Oh, here we gan. I hear this all the time on the phone, "I'm digital by default." Well I'm pencil by default.

Daniel Blake: Is that printing out now? You mean, they could have given it to me just like that?
China: Dan, they'll fuck you around, I'm warning you. Make it as miserable as possible. No accident. That's the plan. I know dozens who have just given up.
Daniel Blake: Well they've picked the wrong one if they think I'm gonna give up. I'm like a dog with a bone, me, son.

Daniel Blake: It's a monumental farce, isn't it? You sitting there with your friendly name tag on your chest, Ann, opposite a sick man looking for nonexistent jobs, that I can't take anyway. Wasting my time, employers' time, your time. And all it does is humiliate me, grind me down. Or is that the point, to get my name off those computers? Well, I'm not doing it any more. I've had enough.

Katie: They call this a "pauper's funeral" because it's the cheapest slot, at 9:00. But Dan wasn't a pauper to us. He gave us things that money can't buy. When he died, I found this on him. He always used to write in pencil. And he wanted to read it at his appeal but he never got the chance to. And I swear that this lovely man had so much more to give, and that the State drove him to an early grave. And this is what he wrote. "I am not a client, a customer, nor a service user. I am not a shirker, a scrounger, a beggar, nor a thief. I'm not a National Insurance Number or blip on a screen. I paid my dues, never a penny short, and proud to do so. I don't tug the forelock, but look my neighbour in the eye and help him if I can. I don't accept or seek charity. My name is Daniel Blake. I am a man, not a dog. As such, I demand my rights. I demand you treat me with respect. I, Daniel Blake, am a citizen, nothing more and nothing less." Thank you.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий