29 нояб. 2018 г.

House of Cards 6×3

Chapter 68


Claire: I can tell you something... Once you identify the degree to which you are boxed in, you'll see how liberating it is.

Bill: City... FDR turned this place into a city. With his agencies and armies of clerks. All the professors that followed. Before the war, this was just a small Southern town. One built of marble, yeah, but just a... small town sitting on a swamp. Place to visit. Place to... protect the Republic. Secure States' rights. That's not what it is today. Some top-down money grab for bureaucrats, lobbyists and the entire Democratic party.
Annette: You've always been more Teddy.
Bill: Than that traitor pig Franklin?

Annette: She'll play along. We'll make sure of it...

Claire: Do you know the last thing he said to me? "Promise me you and Doug will take care of each other..."

Claire: I'm afraid I can't help you.
Nasser: No... you can't.

Doug: I don't know, maybe it's a curse to know what people fear...

Congressman Cole: Shit. It was stupid.
Doug: Well... it's only stupid if you can't make it go away.

Dayna: ...keep writing.
Hammerschmidt: So they can turn it into a 140 characters for clickbait? We don't write anymore, we come up with feed for the trough!

Hammerschmidt: Why don't we write about how Gardner Analytics is buying up television stations and some of the greatest papers in this country? "Analytics." Oh, my God! What the fuck does that even mean?!

Hammerschmidt: If you're talking about manufacturing evidence, Mr. Shepherd, I'm not interested.
Duncan: Beg to differ. And spare me the seasoned journalist routine, please. Your 30 years in the business. I've spoken to your old assistant, Angela. She's written a piece about her time with you. I could run it, or... ...
Hammerschmidt: Hmm.
Duncan: Think about it. Men your age, they unravel very easily these days.


Duncan: Your dogged pursuit of Frank Underwood, pardon the pun, is now your pursuit of his bride...

Jane: Sorry I missed the funeral. Were there psalms?
Claire: Number 42.
Jane: I love 42.

Jane: I detect pain in your eyes, Madam President. As a deer longs for streams of water...
Claire: So I long for you, God.
Jane: Do you miss him?
Claire: God? Always.

Annette: Fuck autonomy. She serves at our pleasure.

Annette: Bill wants a majority on the court...

Claire: I guess this is where we part ways, Doug.

Doug: You know what the last thing he said to me was?... "I can't imagine a world with only one of you in it."

Claire: There comes a point in every relationship where you wonder, "Are you with me?" Are you?

Jane: Oh, Cathy. Once the decision is made, you can't escape. Maybe it won't happen today, but... someday, someday, I'm afraid.

Usher: You should go with Abruzzo. We could get beaten up in the midterms if the wrong signals are sent... It's the way to be a two-term president.

Claire: The Supreme Court. This is a choice that outlives any presidency.
Annette: Exactly.
Claire: But also part of what defines a presidency.
Annette: Of course.

Claire: The decision has to be mine, Annie.

Claire: Do you remember how much fun we used to have, before we understood the rules?...

--
On the IMDb
+ reddit

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий