22 нояб. 2018 г.

House of Cards 6×1

Chapter 66


Rick: Lot of threats involving the C-word, ma'am. Lots and lots of the C-word, unfortunately.
Claire: .... You mean Claire?
Rick: It's a long list.

Claire: By how much?
Usher: There are roughly four times as many threats on any given day since you took office. Now it's twice that since Francis died.

Claire: I thought everyone loves a widow.
Usher: Not if she's also Commander-in-Chief, I guess.

Claire: The first female president of the United States is not gonna keep her mouth shut on the Fourth of fucking July.

Claire: It's not true what he told you all those years ago... That there are two kinds, useful and useless. There's only one kind... Pain is pain.

Claire: Francis... I'm done with you.

Doug: He wanted to be buried in Arlington. Not next to his father.
Seth: That's not what his wife said.

Doug: Everyone has problems, Seth. Especially the ones who think they don't.

Bill: Tell me. I wanna know. What's your mission? I wanna know what your platform is.
Claire: ... I know you'd like to drown DC all at once. But I'm gonna tell you right now, I cannot let that happen. I still believe in government and its ability to make the everyday lives of its citizens better.

Claire: You don't wanna support my slate, that's fine. All I ask is stay out of the way.

Bill: There's a bill sitting on your desk. A bill that took years... and money to get passed. You sign that... and I know I got a friend in the White House. If not... then I don't.

Claire: Why back him now?
Bill: Because he gave us you.


Annette: Do you know what the hardest color to make is?
Claire: Red?
Annette: No, red's easy. White's easy. It's blue. Very tricky chemistry involving copper and heat. A truly bright blue is extremely elusive.

Claire: Whatever Francis promised or did... is buried with him.

Annette: Hon... be patient.

Claire: Are you still there?... Do you miss Francis?...

Claire: Here's the thing... Whatever Francis told you the last five years, don't believe a word of it.

Claire: It's going to be different for you and me. I'm going to tell you the truth...

Claire: I actually hate "Madam." Makes me sound like I'm running a brothel and not a country.

Claire: Would you have asked me that if I were a man?

Claire: Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, Kennedy. Successful assassinations, total of four. The attempts... Nine? Jackson, both Roosevelts. Truman. Ford twice. Reagan... the first Underwood and...

Claire: Whoever tried to kill me, perversely, it's the first sign of real respect I've gotten in 100 days.

Doug: Everybody works for somebody... I worked for a man who refused to fail.

Claire: I know. You want to know what really happened to him... A man like Francis doesn't just die. That would be... what's the word? "Convenient."

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий