18 нояб. 2017 г.

Ten of Swords

Halt and Catch Fire 4×10


Risa: Comet was... a miracle. Wish we could've done it longer.... You made the right call. Like you said, it would've been a bummer to sit around here and watch the world swallow us up.

Cameron: You know, there's this thing in CompSci I remember... recursion. Where a specific function calls upon itself repeatedly within a program. So in order to solve the big problem, it uses the same small problem over and over as the solution to increasingly complex issues. And that, my friend, is how my software runs.

Donna: I know it's... If you stay, it's hard. If you leave, it's hard. It's all hard. It's... Sometimes it's not even about what you want. It's about what it wants for you. All you can do is... listen and see if you can hear what it's saying.

Donna: Hey, if it's what you want to do, it's what you want to do.
Cameron: Yeah, man. If you do what you always did, you're gonna get what you always got...
Donna: If the elevator's broken, take the stairs. It works if you work it. Unless it's more and more of what doesn't work.
Cameron: Meetings?
Donna: Oh... A few.

Cameron: Hey, I'm sorry that we couldn't recover your data.
Haley: It's fine. Like what Joe said.
Cameron: What's that?
Haley: Fresh start.


Donna: I wanted to thank you guys for coming out tonight. "You guys." See what we're up against?
    When I graduated from Berkeley in '75 with a degree in computer science, nobody batted an eye. That's probably because back then, coders were like secretaries and engineers, meaning little solder soldiers on the assembly lines, were kind of invisible. And we're used to that. But somewhere along the line, these jobs became important. And ... I hope that by the time my daughters are my age that they don't have to have gatherings like this anymore to remind themselves that they're actually here.

Donna: ...I've done things. That always comes with a price, but I did them. One of the many things I've learned is that no matter what you do, somebody is around the next corner with a better version of it, and if that person is a man, it might not even be better. It just might get more attention. And sometimes, that person is you. The you that's never satisfied with what you just did because you're obsessed with whatever is next. The one constant is this. It's you, it's us.

Donna: ...even if we see each other across the corporate battle lines one day, ... you will know that I am rooting for you. I can't help but not. Because I am a partner by trade and a mother and a sister by design.

Gordon: 'Close your eyes... Does anything feel weird?.. 'Cause that's what this is. Feeling weird is... is how you know you're still here.
    All right, now, when was the last time you ate? Because all a human needs is food, water, and rest. You got to remind yourself that you're just 160 pounds of goo in the middle of a very big universe. So whatever's burning you up right now, just know that it'll fade. Every problem feels big in the moment, but, Gordon, you know better. So...
focus on just being being. And then try to look up from your computer every once in a while.'

Donna: Cameron.
Cameron: What is it?
Donna: I have an idea.

Joe: Let me start by asking a question...

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий