4 нояб. 2017 г.

Gerald's Game

Gerald: This is gonna be good for us, Jess, really good...

Gerald: That cocky little pause I take before a punch line that really makes me proud of myself, and Tom said, "What?" like he already knew the answer, and I said... "A life support..." Come on. "And what is a woman, anyway?"...
Jessie: "A life support system for a cunt."
Gerald: Yeah, that was it.

Gerald: So, who could possibly hear you scream? Except Cujo over there?

Jessie: Don't listen to him. He's the reason we're here and look how he ended up.
Gerald: I'm just telling her how things really are.
Jessie: No, you're doing what you always did, minimizing, condescending. Men aren't so much blessed with penises as cursed by them. And we might die here today because of Gerald's five inches. Our life has to add up to more than that.

Jessie: I can't get out.
Jessie: You have to.
Jessie: I am chained to the goddamn bed!
Jessie: Don't recite facts to me. Wake up!


Gerald: This is you... all over. Problem, panic, denial. Hoping if you look away, it'll magically vanish...

Gerald: "Who exactly did I marry?" We never really know, do we? 'Cause everybody's got a little corner in there somewhere. A button... they won't admit they want pressed.

Jessie: Not real. Not real.
Gerald: Maybe... Or maybe you're just not safe anymore. People are safe from ghouls and ghosts... and the living dead in the daylight. And they're usually safe from them at night... if they're with others. But a person alone... in the dark...

Gerald: Women alone in the dark are like open doors, Jessie. And if they scream for help, who knows what might answer?

Gerald: Close your eyes. If there's a monster under your bed, it won't bother you if you're asleep. Everybody knows that, Mouse.

Gerald: But in the end... in the end, he'll just call it "death by misadventure."

Jessie: I'm gonna die.
Gerald: Everything dies. All things serve the beam.

Jessie: Do nothing, I'll die of seizures, dehydration or dog. Or when my visitor with the bag of bones shows up tonight...

Jessie: '... What you needed me to understand... that his shackles were silence, and his were comfort. ...'

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий