9 июл. 2016 г.

Two Soldiers

Hell on Wheels 5×8


& Union Soldier: I said play me a song, Swede!..
    The Swede: My name is Thor Gundersen from Norway.

& The Swede: Look at me, James. It is me. I am your friend... Thor Gundersen. It is me. I am your friend. It is me. You are my friend.

& The Swede: You best run.

& The Swede: No man tortures his enemy if he must torture himself in the process.

& The Swede: Uh, Heavenly Father has spared my neck twice now. He can manage a third, hmm?

& The Swede: Imagine saving a man’s life only to watch his slow death. What breed of monster is capable of such inhumanity?
    Bohannon: I can think of one.
    The Swede: Oh, as can I.

& The Swede: It’s interesting you would rather be here, offering me sustenance, instead of your family.
    Bohannon: I’d rather keep ’em far away from you.
    The Swede: If protecting them was your only motive, you would have been safer to kill me. And you fear killing me. Why?
    Bohannon: I fear... I fear it would bring you peace.


& The Swede: You cannot see it, can you? It is right there in front of you but your myopic single-mindedness on prosecuting me has blinded you to the simple facts! You like this! You would rather be on death’s door than with Naomi and William. No, death and killing have been your only wives. Your only family.

& The Swede: ...for blowing a note or two, you should be drawing. A more intimate instrument does not exist. You... You give to it the most cherished gift a man has... His breath, hmm? You release into it your... Your very soul. The best players, for a moment, they touch God. I can show you.

& The Swede: Mother gave me a harmonica on my tenth birthday. «A man who can make music will never be lonely,» she said.

& The Swede: You are a merciful man, Mr. Bohannon.
    Bohannon: Thought I was the devil.
    The Swede: I was wrong. You are just a man. Just a man. A man of war. War made both of us, after all.

& The Swede: Forgive me, Cullen. Forgive me. Forgive yourself, huh?

& Captain: Have you any last words?
    The Swede: I. Am. Thor Gundersen. From Norway.

& Doctor: He’s dead.

--
On the IMDb

Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий