29 июл. 2016 г.

Trial and Execution

TURN 3×10


Nathan Hale: I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country.

& Simcoe: We’re going to do this properly.

& Maj. André: I fully expect the tribunal to find me guilty and to recommend my execution. I beg of you to allow that sentence to be carried out by firing line rather than the gallows. One is a fate befitting an officer and the other is meant for a spy.
    I am an officer dedicated to service and stained with no action that can give me cause for remorse. I wish the mode of my death to reflect this.
    Washington: I will consider it.

& Judge Woodhull: Who is Abraham Woodhull?

& Washington: Arnold is a traitor. André was merely doing his duty. I would trade a thousand Andrés for Arnold!
    Benjamin: Nathan Hale was doing his duty, sir, and they hanged him as a spy.
    Washington: Hale? Hale was captain in our militia. André is Adjutant General of the British Army. He does not hang without consequences.

& Washington: Benjamin’s beloved classmate from Yale. As a friend, you knew him better than most. Do you remember his final words?
    Benjamin: «I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country.»
    Washington: From the drama «Cato...» Except he didn’t write them and he never said them. We did.


& Maj. André: I, um... apologize. It seems I won’t be able to make it home after all.

& Maj. André: Arnold was a failure. Culper is the master stroke.

& Simcoe: Right. Guilty. Death by hanging.

& Maj. André: It’ll be but a momentary pang.

& Maj. André: I pray that you all bear me witness that I meet my fate like a brave man.

& Judge Woodhull: Get out of my town, you pathetic amateur.

& Rivington: «When the epic strain was sung,
        the poet by his neck was hung,
        and to his cost he found too late,
        the dung-born tribe decides his fate.»

    Our André will be avenged!

& Arnold: Drink. Whatever’s cheapest.
    Townsend: Here you are, sir. Our best ale on the house.

& Arnold: No one will ever know the true measure of my sacrifice.
    Townsend: It is difficult to measure sacrifice. Often it seems to me that it is a road with no end.
    Arnold: Of course there’s an end. The end is death.

& Townsend: Mr. Rivington.
    Rivington: What is it, Townsend?
    Townsend: I’d like to buy an advertisement...

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий