29 июл. 2016 г.

House of Cards 4×7

Chapter 46


& Underwood: Don’t worry about you and me now. Find your steel, Claire.

& Underwood: ...you’re right. Whoever it is, they need to be hungry for it.

& LeAnn: He is the top data scientist in the country, maybe the world. He was exploring behavior adoption and— ... Didn’t you hear the leadership? They said Conway is destroying us. Macallan reverses that, he wins us the election.

& Conway: ...And to me, that future is clear. Less government, less taxes, more freedom, protect that freedom!

& Underwood: Imagine a duel. Me and Conway... Now, Conway has a powerful gun, a search engine. And it’s powerful because with it, he can tell what you think, what you want, where you are and who you are. He can turn all those searches into votes, and that’s enough bullets to kill my chances of winning. But I have an even bigger gun. It’s called the NSA. It’s one of the perks of being president...

& Underwood: Your phone, the phone of the person sitting next to you, your neighbor’s phone and everyone you know and the 300 million Americans you don’t know. I can see you, and I can use what I see to rig this election...

& Underwood: They roasted him on the spit for tapping into a few rooms at the Watergate. I’m talking about tapping into every single home in America.


& Underwood: Hmm... All three of us took bullets. Well, I know why we’re smiling. We survived.

& Aidan: How do I know I can trust you?
    Doug: I don’t care whether you trust me or not. But if we go down this road, you take the fall if anything goes wrong. Not us, not the president. You. It’s the only way this works. So you tell me if you think it’s worth it.
    Aidan: The worth... You have no idea.

& Underwood: When the Roman general Sulla, who was about the same age I am now, marched on Rome to purge the city of usurpers, it was a bloodbath. His greatest rival was a young man named Marius, who was just 26 years old. And after Sulla had him killed, he held up his head in the forum and looked into the boy’s dead eyes and said, «First, you must learn to pull an oar. Only then can you take the helm.»

& Underwood: Conscience has an unmistakable stink to it, sort of like raw onions and morning breath. But a lie stinks even more when it’s coming from someone who isn’t used to lying. It’s more like rotten eggs and horseshit.

& Conway: We’re not tracking individuals. We’re looking at metadata, large-scale browsing patterns, search trends, regional portraits. ’Cause Ben is right. A president should know his constituents. And the Internet is the best tool for that. Now, I’ve met thousands of people and shaken a lot of hands, but I can’t meet everyone. So this is my way of listening to millions of you.

& Claire: They’re beautiful, aren’t they? The Conways. Their youth, their two little children. The country is falling in love with them. They won’t fall in love with us like that, but we have something they don’t... We are willing to go one step farther than everyone else.

& Underwood: Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln. Tall men make great presidents.

& Underwood: We’re going to destroy them.
    Claire: Yes, we are.

--
+ Quotes from the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий