31 июл. 2016 г.

Anastasia

& Anna Koreff: Who am I? Grand Duchess Anastasia, I believe.

& General Bounine: You’re examining her as if she was the real Anastasia. There is no Anastasia. She was shot to death 10 years ago by a firing squad. We’re not looking for her, gentlemen. We’re seeking only a reasonable facsimile.

& Bounine: Who are you?
    Anastasia: No one.
    Bounine: Who are your parents?
    Anastasia: None.
    Bounine: Where are you from?
    Anastasia: The river.
    Bounine: Before that?
    Anastasia: A madhouse.
    Bounine: And before that?
    Anastasia: Another river, and another madhouse.
    Bounine: Oh, come on now. Who are you?
    Anastasia: You tell me.
    Bounine: You must be someone!
    Anastasia: Why? Nobody, nothing, no one!
    Bounine: Incredible. But most convenient for us.

& Bounine: And now, may I present your staff: Boris Andreivich Chernov. Formerly of St. Petersburg. Banker. Piotr Ivanovich Petrovin. Former student of the theological seminary. Sergei Pavlovich Bounine, general of the Tcherkess regiment, former aide-de-camp attached to the person of His Imperial Majesty, Nicholas II, tzar of all Russia.
    Anastasia: Then I-I am Her Imperial Highness, the grand duchess Anastasia Nicolaevna.

& Bounine: Listen, she thinks she’s Anastasia.
    Chernov: And the great Stanislavski once said, when an actor believes he is the character he’s playing, fire him.

& Bounine: Never trust anyone who functions from noble motives. The good are never sure. And in the end, they’ll let you down.


& Bounine: Our motives are different, agreed. But our goal is the same. And that’s the only thing that counts.

& Maria Feodorovna: Livenbaum, your voluptuous fancies are disgusting. To a woman of your age, sex should mean nothing but gender.

& Anastasia: Why don’t you make a concession? Uh, I mean confession. Well, it’s the same thing.

& Maria Feodorovna: I have received too many appeals from resurrected Romanovs. The firing squads were such poor shots, it’s amazing the revolution succeeded.

& Maria Feodorovna: I have a footman— Oh, he’s a very old man— and each night he goes from one room to the other, lighting the empty lamps until the great dark rooms are a blaze of light. And perhaps that is true of all of us. We are lighting dead lamps to illumine a past that is gone.

& Chernov: My dear Maxine, you’re here to eat, drink, enjoy the show and have a good time.
    Maxine: I hate Russian food. I hate bad champagne. I’m sick of the gypsies, and I’m having a terrible time.
    Chernov: Then why don’t you go home?
    Maxine: I hate my room even more.

& Paul: ... I know perfectly well who you are.
    Anastasia: Still, what if I can’t get the money? Or if I make no claim to it?
    Paul: You can and you will. Why be poor when you could so easily be very rich?
    Anastasia: The poor have only one advantage. They know when they are loved for themselves.

& Anastasia: Livenbaum says things are just as they used to be down in the ballroom.
    Maria Feodorovna: She is foolish. The world moves on, Malenkaia, and we must move on with it or be left to molder with the past. I am the past. I like it. It’s sweet and familiar. The present is cold and foreign. And the future— Fortunately, I don’t need to concern myself with that. But you do. It’s yours.

& Paul: Forgive me, Aunt Marie, but what will you say?
    Maria Feodorovna: Say? Oh, I will say, «The play is over. Go home.»

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий