26 авг. 2021 г.

Valuation

StartUp 1×7


Izzy Morales: Yo. You didn't bring your swimsuit?
Ronald Dacey: Are you serious about that?
Izzy Morales: Yeah. He said bring 'em. I brought mine.

Alex Bell: I totally get it. You know, new currency based in a self-evolving source code. Human-proof, future-proof. If your code works...

Alex Bell: For me... there's one other intangible component. Why? .....
Izzy Morales: Well, I mean, like I was trying to tell you...
Alex Bell: About how it can give Third World communities access to banking, how it can give oppressed nations the same rights we have? Yeah, sure, heard it a million times. BitCoin, all those other peer-to-peers, they're ready to die on that hill, but why?
Ronald Dacey: It ain't just that. GenCoin means currency without banks, corporations. Say you some poor immigrant...
Alex Bell: Sure, but why you? Why you, Izzy? Why you, Nick? Why do each of you care about GenCoin? Besides the altruism. Come on, why? Why each of you?

Alex Bell: More than anything, I need you to be able to answer that question. You know what? I invest in a company, I'm not investing in the idea or the infrastructure. I am investing in the people, the intangibles you can't really put a price on. That's how you stay ahead in tech. Sound good?

Ronald Dacey: ... We need that cash yesterday!
Nick Talman: I hear Mexico's nice.

Ronald Dacey: Where you from, Alex?
Alex Bell: Uh, Greenwich. Connecticut.
Ronald Dacey: Damn, that's quiet. Safe... Most of the folks in your world building the software that's gonna shape our lives, most of those people, such as yourself, y'all grew up in a bubble, ain't that right?
Alex Bell: You're not wrong.
Ronald Dacey: And now you still in a bubble. Same shit, different path. Right?... GenCoin. For the people, by the people. You see what I'm sayin'?


On the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий