10 авг. 2021 г.

One Way Out

Ozark 2×7


Martin 'Marty' Byrde: Tell me about the defensive part of our full-court press.
Gail Mackenzie: The problem with the US justice system is it doesn't prove innocence, even if you're acquitted. So, it's up to us to wash the stink off by hitting your little FBI problem head-on. So you're going to look gracious about the investigation. Smile it off as a misunderstanding.
Martin 'Marty' Byrde: I'm supposed to smile about the FBI threatening to put my kids in prison?
Gail Mackenzie: Do you want to act righteous, Marty, or do you wanna win? I work with winners. I bet your wife does, too. And she'd know the right answer from her work in politics.
Martin 'Marty' Byrde: Hmm.

Mason Young: "A false witness will not go unpunished, and a liar will be destroyed. A false witness will not go unpunished, and a liar will be destroyed."

Martin 'Marty' Byrde: It's gotta be done bloodless, and there's just one way to do that. And this is gonna sound a little bit crazy...
Charles Wilkes: Yeah? Crazier than everything else that's happening here?
Martin 'Marty' Byrde: I need you to get me this baby from Social Services today... Crazy. Yeah.
Charles Wilkes: Yeah. Well... That's flat fucking insane.

Wendy Byrde: That's the thing that no one tells you about evil. They make it seem like there are two clearly marked paths with flashing signs pointing out each way: sin, redemption. I mean, they tell you Adam and Eve knew that they could eat from every single tree in that garden, except one. But the truth is, evil comes when the righteous path is so hidden... it just looks like there's only one way out. The truth is Adam and Eve probably grabbed that apple because they were fucking starving, and it was the first tree they saw.
     Not that that's any excuse. Or that I ever deserve your forgiveness. I just... I don't want you to make the same mistake. I don't want you to do something you regret because you think there's only one way...

Wendy Byrde: Well, it's instinct, Mason. I'm scared to death. When you think you're going down, you grab hold of whatever's closest. Guns, drugs. God. Fire extinguisher.

Martin 'Marty' Byrde: Hey. What can we do to make you believe us?
Mason Young: Nothing.
Martin 'Marty' Byrde: So then, just choose to believe us. Just make yourself believe us, like you did with God. After you lost everything, you made a choice to believe in God.
Mason Young: I can't, not anymore. You killed that.


+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий