17 авг. 2021 г.

The Unguarded Moment

Why Women Kill 2×9


Narrator: ... the darkness behind her eyes. It was the look of a woman who'd gotten everything she wanted, only to find it wasn't enough.

Catherine Castillo: Food is like lovemaking. The better it is, the more guilty you feel once you're finished.

Vern Loomis: So what would you do?
Detective Rowbin: If I loved the girl? I'd forget the evidence and never look back.
Vern Loomis: Really?
Detective Rowbin: But let's face it, I've never been a Boy Scout. There are other detectives, good men, who wouldn't be able to look the other way. Because that's how they're wired. They came out of the womb wanting to do the right thing. They believe in justice and honor. All that crap.
Vern Loomis: But wouldn't a good man do everything he could to protect his girl?
Detective Rowbin: Maybe she loves him so much because she knows he always plays it straight...
Vern Loomis: Maybe.

Alma Fillcot: I'm sorry, it's just... I feel as if my entire life has led up to this moment, and it's... It's overwhelming.
Joan: What are you babbling about?

Rita Castillo: Did I ever tell you I grew up poor? My whole family was treated like trash. So, one day I asked God to make me rich and beautiful. So people would envy me. 'Cause that's the only time folks treat you right. When you got something they want. I suppose that's true. But when I was sitting in jail, I realized that God gave me everything I wanted, just so he can take it all away. He wanted to teach me a lesson.
Scooter Polarsky: What lesson?
Rita Castillo: No one is truly beautiful until they learn to love unselfishly. And those who receive such love... are the richest people of all.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий