29 авг. 2021 г.

It Happened to Jane (1959)

Billy Osgood: Mum, why does Sam always wanna go in the girls' side?

Jane Osgood: I just sent $700 out of this house... and I‘m not about to drink coffee by myself. You coming?

Jane Osgood: George, I understand. I just don‘t understand why you don‘t understand. It‘s the principle involved. I‘m right, they are wrong. I only want what is due me. That‘s all.
George Denham: Janey, let me tell you something. The distance between the right... Distance between the right and the practical is a continuing shame to the human race.

Jane Osgood: Did you know that Cape Anne is one of the few places left in America... or in the whole world, for that matter... where every person still votes on every single thing? Did you know that?
Lawrence Claiborne 'Larry' Hall: No, I didn‘t know that.
Jane Osgood: Well, it is. Once a year, we all come here to the town meeting. By the way, next Thursday at 4:00... the whole place will be filled with every man, woman and child in Cape Anne. Of course, the kids don‘t vote, but boy, they listen and they learn.

Jane Osgood: George doesn‘t gamble, do you?
George Denham: I don‘t believe in it.
Lawrence Claiborne 'Larry' Hall: You ought to try it sometime. Nothing like winning.
George Denham: Except losing.

George Denham: If you remember correctly, I asked you to marry me 21 years ago.
Jane Osgood: Yes, but you haven‘t asked me since... I‘m a woman, and I‘m supposed to be married. I‘m a mother, and I need a man to take care of me and my children.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий