12 авг. 2021 г.

Le samouraï (1967)

"There is no greater solitude than that of the samurai,
unless it is that of the tiger in the jungle... perhaps..."
Bushido
(Book of the Samurai)

Jef Costello: I never lose. Not really.

Le Commissaire: Do you recognize anyone?
Wiener: I have a composite image of the man I passed... A trench coat like that one... A hat like this one... or that one... And a face like his.
Le Commissaire: Just imagine if you were observant!

1er inspecteur: What do you think about Costello?
Le Commissaire: I never think.

1er inspecteur: His alibi is airtight.
Le Commissaire: Too airtight.

Le Commissaire: Wiener's absolutely sincere... but I'm sure the girl's lying. We have to break her so she talks. Then the DA can slap a perjury charge on her. And little Jef Costello... will be sitting in this chair.
1er inspecteur: He'll just laugh in our faces.
Le Commissaire: I doubt it. Ever see a guy stay handcuffed for 48 hours and not open his mouth? I haven't seen many.

Le Commissaire: You have my word. Nothing will happen... I knew you were a smart girl.
Jane Lagrange: In other words, you want me to perjure myself, in return for which I'll be left alone. But if I stick to the truth and get in your way, then I won't hear the end of it. Is that it?
Le Commissaire: Not quite. The truth is not what you say. It's what I say... whatever the methods I have to use to get it. So then... is it yes?

Jef Costello: I never talk to a man holding a gun.
Is that a rule?
Jef Costello: A habit.


+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий