12 дек. 2018 г.

House of Cards 6×7

Chapter 72


Doug: There are two kinds of pain. The sort of pain that makes you strong. Or useless pain... the sort of pain that's only suffering.

Claire: ... Now, my purpose is to elevate America, fight for America, and if it ever came to it, die for America. I will be father, mother, leader and friend. Thank you so much.

Claire: This is grounds for prosecution, Nora.
Nora: Yes, maybe. But the US Attorney would argue...
Claire: Replace the US Attorney. She's been dragging her feet on this for months.
Nora: Ma'am, we still live in a world of due process. That would send a chilling message...
Claire: The message is we need to protect our democracy!

Claire: Such a strange feeling. To be wholly responsible for the life of another. Also, I hear, when you have kids, you never... sleep quite the same again.
Janine: There are two kinds of pain...

Petrov: I'm sad to say, but there is a Russian troll factory that has begun to manipulate your husband's accomplishments...

Petrov: We have unfortunately entered an era where our digital truths are vulnerable.

Petrov: History belongs to the highest bidder now...

Reed: He never stops talking. Every time I see that guy, his mouth is running.
Claire: Because he always has an audience and you never know what he's going to say.

Reed: Claire Hale... What do you want?
Claire: ... I want... every door to be wide open and stay that way.

Claire: Hi, Francis, it's me... I'm five minutes away.


Annette: Hello?...
Claire: You fucking cunt. It's a girl.

Doug: After all this time. All these years together. Everything that we did for Frank. .... Are you seriously telling me, you're gonna choose her?
Nathan: Literally, all I care about is getting out of this alive.

Congressman Cole: No Supreme Court justice has ever been impeached.
Claire: The good Justice Abruzzo wouldn't want to be the first then, would he?
Congressman Cole: Justice Abruzzo... is black.
Claire: Which makes this all the more... There's that word again, tragic.

Claire: Oh. I don't judge, Justice Abruzzo... I'll correct that. Except for mendacity. That I can't support.

Melody Cruz: Nazi-like tactics? You bring up Nazis in any situation other than the Second World War, you've already lost the argument.

Seth: She's polling in the high 70s. We're looking at close to 80 by the midterms.
Annette: She's weaponized her feminism, and it's grown tiresome. "I'm a mother, I'm a general." Spare me. Anyone that popular is bad for democracy.

Annette: And what about all the conspiracy nonsense we'll be hearing?
Seth: The theories are a useful distraction. And eventually, they consume themselves.

Usher: There's one hiccup. It's a big one. She's with child. That is a variable we don't know how to account for in our models or predict.
Annette: We use it. Play into it. We'll make her a martyr. A victim of the times. A feminist icon. God, she might even end up on a coin.

Claire: This is my house, and I want you out.

Janine: It was the same thing Lucas was working on and Zoe before that. Always with the same problem, no one will believe it.

Melody: And what does the prospect of becoming a mother, while being the leader of the free world, feel like?
Claire: Bittersweet.

Claire: If I've learned anything from partnerships, you have to choose someone who'd take a bullet for you.

Claire: Come and get me, Doug.

Doug: She leaves me no choice.

Claire: ... If you see a crocodile, don't forget to scream!

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий