9 дек. 2018 г.

House of Cards 6×6

Chapter 71


Jennifer Baumgarten: ...And as far as the Justice Department is concerned, I share the president's commitment to cleaning house.

Usher: ...And the Russians and me, it's preposterous. Look, the president and I agree the best way to find out who's behind these accusations is to appoint a special prosecutor. And let him or her do her job.

Agent: If you're hungry or thirsty...
Jane: Angry. Tired. Frustrated.

Claire: Nobody knows what you said or didn't say while in captivity.
Jane: I didn't say, Claire—
Claire: Madam President.

Claire: Well, the people that know us best, know best how to hurt us.

Jane: President Underwood...
Claire: Actually, I've gone back to "Hale."

Congressman Cole: All roads lead to Rome, you know? And Annette and Bill are Rome.

Bill: Humidity in this town, my God, makes you feel like you're living inside the mouth of a dog, doesn't it?

Bill: You're like the guy who finds $999,000 and says "Yeah, but it isn't a million."

Jane: Forgive me, but why is your timing always off?

Usher: I tried to get you out.
Jane: Out. What a quaint concept. When the only way out was never to get in in the first place.

Claire: Right now? Nothing, really. Just planning for the future...


Claire: I can't think about it. I won't think about it.

Annette: Even if there isn't an ounce of truth to it. Mark, you're the face of this whole Russia fiasco. It's bad for the country. It's bad for Bill and me.

Claire: How's the Bureau feeling about the latest revelations when it comes to Mark Usher?
Nathan Green: It's difficult when all the evidence is coming from Russian intelligence... But we have to follow every lead.

Jane: There was a troubled young woman...
Claire: I wonder why so many stories have to begin that way.

Claire: I've noticed that you always adjust your hair right before you tell a lie...

Jane: Machiavelli died in exile. Boss Tweed made a deal with the governor, but in the end, was never released... And Nixon was a prisoner of his past till the day he died. All men who had no idea how to walk away.

Doug: It's not a just world, Tom. But sometimes you have the chance to make the right person pay, even if it's for the wrong crime.

Doug: Tom. I am never going to tell you that Francis killed the three of them, Zoe, Russo and LeAnn. But you already know the truth.
Tom: Yes. Yes, I do.

Claire: It's important to be organized and ruthless. Three piles, I always say. The stuff you wanna keep. The stuff you might need later that you put in storage. And the stuff you have to destroy. .... I almost forgot. There's always a fourth pile. The stuff you don't know what to do with.

Claire: ...And to tell you the truth... maybe he was a better wife to Francis.

Bill: He's not one of us.

Doug: You don't belong here.

Claire: I'm not going to be told what to do anymore, Doug. Not by you or anyone or any man, ever, ever again.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий