17 дек. 2018 г.

House of Cards 6×8

Chapter 73


Doug: Never button the bottom.

Claire: I feel for the man, I do. But Doug Stamper will never be the one to lead us to the truth.

Claire: I swear on his unborn child.

Walter: Oh, Claire, my calling is a practical one. I don't judge. I don't question. I simply work for the highest bidder... I'm agnostic, but this virtual landscape is new to me...

Claire: Oh, you guys. I really didn't wanna have to have to do this, but...

Maria: Madam President, all due respect...
Claire: Maria, I know you're new to this, but please don't ever use that expression with me. "All due respect" means precisely the opposite.

Claire: I couldn't sleep last night. For obvious national security reasons, of course, but... also because the baby kept me awake.

Claire: ...the word "misogynist" popped into my mind. And I was trying to think of the word for the opposite. You know, the word for when a person hates men. Does anyone around this table know that word is?.. The word for when a person hates men?.. Anybody?... I had to go and look it up. "Misandrist." And no one really knows that word because it's not used in our culture.

Claire: Maybe we all, regardless of our gender, would do well to examine the pre-conceived notions that we have about who can and cannot act as Commander In Chief.

Seth: There you go. They're from a place called the Federalist Pig.

Petrov: I'll have my people, the GRU, take it from here.
Claire: No, you won't.
Petrov: Look, Claire, just... worry about having your baby now.
Claire: I've always been entertained by your arrogance. It's like watching some movie, just out of date.

Petrov: If you drop an atom bomb...

Claire: It's time for me to treat you all like the adults you are. The truth is...


Claire: I'm not the only one who's in danger. No one's safe. Not really. Not ever.

Bill: Francis was a son of a bitch. But he was a talented son of a bitch. He saw her coming. He just couldn't stop himself. Or her.

Claire: Let's not give them what they want. Fuck them all.

Claire: He was always three steps ahead, wasn't he?
Doug: Maybe he still is...

Claire: So tired of talking about Francis...

Seth: Fuck 'em all. What about the two of us? We just leave. Where do you wanna go?

Doug: Seth... It's not going to go like you think.

Petrov: ... Think how the world will judge you.
Claire: As if you have any credibility with the world stage!

Janine: I am not going to stop. And I don't know when it will be or how. But I am going to finish this godforsaken story, okay?

Bill: ... There, see? They all have one thing in common. Children watching, waiting for the cards to fall.

Annette: If you're leaving... leave.

Doug: What are you going to call her?
Claire: I haven't decided yet. What do you think?
Doug: Frances Underwood. Frances with an "e."

Doug: I had to protect the legacy from the man...

Claire: It's all right, Doug. Everything is gonna be all right... It's all gonna be all right..... There. No more pain.

--
On the IMDb
+ reddit

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий