24 дек. 2018 г.

Collateral Beauty (2016)

Howard: Life is about people. Advertising is about illuminating how our products and services will improve people's lives. Now, how do we do that?... Love. Time. Death. Now these three abstractions connect every single human being on Earth. Everything that we covet, everything that we fear not having, everything that we ultimately end up buying is because at the end of the day we long for love, we wish we had more time, and we fear death. Love. Time. Death. Let's begin there.

Whit: When something starts with a six-year-old dying, nothing is gonna feel right.

Howard: "Time, they say you heal all wounds, but they don't talk about how you destroy all that's good in the world. How you turn beauty into ash. Well, you're nothing more than petrified wood to me. You're a dead tissue that won't decompose. You're nothing."

Whit: ...someone said something very, very wise to me. They said, "Maybe you should stop trying to force your reality on her and just... Just go into her reality."
Claire: I thought you couldn't afford therapy anymore.
Whit: I can't. It was my Uber driver.

Brigitte: So, you want us to gaslight your boss?
Whit: Huh? I'm sorry?
Brigitte: Gas Light.... You know? It was a play, then it was a movie. Gas Light? Oh, my God. Does nobody ever watch anything longer than eight seconds anymore?

Brigitte: Let's move on. What's next?
Claire: Well, Howard wrote three letters to Love, Death and Time. So, I guess the only question is who plays who?
Brigitte: Casting. Very important. Love... Death... Time.
Raffi: Great. When do we get paid?

Howard: I'm, uh... I'm trying to fix my mind.
Madeline: You lost a child, Howard. It'll never be fixed.


Time: You all like to bitch and complain. "There isn't enough time." "Life is short." "Oh, here, the gray hairs are coming in." You know, a day is long as hell. I'm abundant. I'm a gift. Even while you're standing here talking shit, I'm gifting you, and you're wasting it. On what?

Claire: What was that thing you said about Einstein in there?
Raffi: Einstein called time a stubbornly persistent illusion. What's that even mean? or from noon to midnight. You know, we all just make it that way in our heads.

Madeline: So, I assume you're a part of the 79%?
Howard: Mmm?
Madeline: Of couples who get divorced after losing a child.

Madeline: Oh, so Death is a "her"?
Howard: Uh, yeah. It turns out Death is an elderly white woman.

Madeline: ....And there was this woman who sat next to me. And she asked me who I was about to lose. And I told her. And she looked at me and she said, "Just be sure to notice the collateral beauty."

Madeline: I just didn't get it at the time. See, it wasn't said out of sympathy or awkwardness. It was from experience. About a year later, something started to happen to me, you know. I would be walking or on the subway, whatever, and I would just burst into tears. But these weren't Olivia tears. These were tears born from something else, from this kind of profound connection to everything. And I realized it was the collateral beauty.

Time: See, you just waste time. See, I give you a gift and you just waste it!
Howard: I don't care about time. This is a prison sentence!

Love: No. I'm in all of it. I'm the darkness and the light, I'm the sunshine and the storm. Yes, you're right. I was there in her laugh, but I'm also here now in your pain. I'm the reason for everything. I am the only "why." Don't try and live without me, Howard. Please don't.

Allison's the best thing you got happening in this world, and tomorrow's not promised.

Brigitte: Nothing's ever really dead if you look at it right.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий