2 мая 2017 г.

Sic Transit Imperium

Billions 2×9


& Axelrod: Thanks, Wags, but... really? You got me VR goggles? What, am I turning 13?
    Wags: If you were, Uncle Wagsy would be getting you laid by the most beautiful call girl in the state. But you’re a big man having a big birthday, so the gift matches...

& Axelrod: Sic Transit Imperium...
    Wags: «So passes the empire.»

& Axelrod: If I were standing where you are, I’d be even more strident in my approach. But I’m standing here, so I have to be the opposite... reflective, calm, considered. It’s just about who I am at this precise moment in time.
    Dollar Bill: What business are we in, hmm? I thought it was a business of profit, of free men and women, beyond the apparatchiks and their pathetic rules.
    Axelrod: Yeah, all of that and «Who is John Galt?»

& Jack Foley: Well, if you’re thinking of having a meal before you leave, try the Garbage Plate. It’s a local delicacy.
    Chuck: That looks hard to resist.
    Jack Foley: You’ll hardly be able... Eat the shit out of it.

& Wags: You know what I hate?
    Axelrod: Fish, fowl, or mammal?
    Wags: Learning something about myself. When is that bullshit just gonna stop?

& Stephanie: I guess he just didn’t want a witness anymore. Referred to himself as a Terminator.
    Kate: What does that mean?
    Stephanie: A cybernetic organism, programmed to kill. Living tissue over robotic endoskeleton...
    Kate: I’ve seen the movie. I just meant...
    Stephanie: He has some sort of programmed mission, and I was standing in the way.

& Axelrod: I’m setting a course that needs to be acknowledged in all future stories about wherever we go next. Ayles may be what he is, but he speaks the nasal language of culture and credibility.
    Wags: And you just bought that.
    Ayles: It’s what all the great philanthropists did, wrote their names on the ages and laundered their reputations in the process. I’m keen to get started.


& Lara: The Arque?
    Axelrod: Luxury survival bunker. It’s a scam.
    Lara: Why does everything need to be a scam?
    Axelrod: When the Armageddon comes, the doors will be locked.

& Axelrod: Half my life now is ass-covering and optics, fucking optics of everything from parties to put options.

& Lara: You know, if we don’t mark the milestones, we’re just passing with the time.

& Chuck: ... Either it’ll feel right or it won’t. But... you gotta jump in and find out.

& Chuck: Terminator?
    Kate: Cyberdyne Systems, series 800, Resistance Infiltrator—
    Chuck: Got it.

& Axelrod: The moral of the story is... you get one life, so do it all.

& Jack Foley: Did I make a mistake with you? Are you fighting for inches or yards?

& Jack Foley: I don’t handcuff. ... But play out those dominoes first, and not just for Axe...

& Chuck: Motherfucker! This is what they do... How the fuck do you compete with something that powerful, that swims around for days on end, just waiting for the faintest smell of blood so it can attack without warning, and with all the ferocity and half the conscience of a goddamn bull shark?.. You can’t. Unless you can somehow anticipate where it will strike and then match its strength when it does... which you can’t.

& Chuck: Well, if this is what it takes...

& Wendy: It was the only way I could work there. I couldn’t keep seeing him. It wasn’t like doctor-patient or even athlete-coach. It was more Hannibal-Clarice...

& Axelrod: I forgot... where I’m from. I forgot that I don’t give a fuck about any of this. It’s all sailcloth held up with poles lit by lighting designers and ripped to the ground tomorrow. I wanna be with you. I wanna take you somewhere that matters.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий