27 мая 2017 г.

Ball in Hand

Billions 2×12


& Boyd: This is the first day of the rest of my life. I’m free and clear. You, however...

& Dake: You expect favors in return for giving it to me. But I cannot have you involved.
    Chuck: That’s a bit like telling the cow not to involve itself in the steak dinner. Without it, no steak.

& Chuck: You’re a hard man, Dake. But a word of caution. You and your team go chasing Axe up into those hills without me, don’t forget one thing...
    Dake: What’s that?
    Chuck: A good supply of body bags.

& Rhoades, Sr.: Moves like that... Where do you get the fucking nerve?!

& Wendy: Put words together, in a sentence, that might give me a sense of what the actual fuck.

& Wags: ...as far as I’m concerned, I have to really step up to lead and...
    Wendy: You’re ready to do whatever you need to.
    Wags: It doesn’t feel like that to me.
    Wendy: Describe it.
    Wags: Erratic heartbeat, prickly sweat down my spine, sack high and tight.
    Wendy: Panic.
    Wags: Yep.
    Wendy: It means you’re not fooling yourself into thinking it’ll be easy. It means your adrenaline is firing, and your synapses. Means you’re ready to meet whatever anyone throws at you today.

& Axelrod: I need to know what the fuck is gonna happen to me when I get arrested. Minute by minute.
    Dollar Bill: .... Look, at least you got some warning. It’s not gonna be a shock.
    Axelrod: Uh-huh. And now what?
    Dollar Bill: You got to eat something before you go in, because they’ll starve you. And if they do feed you, it’s gonna be garbage. But more important than that, find time to take a shit, because you don’t want that business pending when you’re in there.... What?! I’m giving you the real. So, there’s always at least one guard who wants to get paid. Find that fucker and pay him.


& Dake: You’re in a U.S. Attorney’s Office, Mr. Bach, not some souk buying a rug. I don’t negotiate.

& Dake: Mr. Bach, mother of God. I’ll be referring your conduct to the Bar Association.
    Bach: Well, then... I guess I just shit myself with fear.

& Axelrod: Just so you know, my boat’s draft is too deep for this dipshit marina. And I’m not sailing away from anything.

& Axelrod: This place was like a sanctuary for me when I was a kid. The game is different now. Rules have changed, you know? Back when I’d come in here, the only way your opponent could get ball in hand was if you hit the ball off the table. Not anymore. Any scratch at all, you can pick it up, place the cue ball wherever he wants. Ball in hand. You give a good pool player that kind of advantage, your game’s as good as over.

& Axelrod: I got no fucking clue what to say to my boys.
    Bach: No one ever does. At least, not in advance. But, uh, you’re a good father. When the instant arrives, you will... Remind them that they know who you really are, no matter what anyone says.

& Axelrod: But the government is a bunch of fucking liars, guys!... Listen. Look, that’s not true. Sometimes they lie. Sometimes they tell the truth, just like everyone... like me. Most folks, they find this out about their dad much later, but everyone finds it out.
    I’m a flawed man. And I’m not perfect. I’m not always right. I don’t always win. I fucked up. I did do something wrong. If that makes me a bad person? Well... you’ll have to decide that for yourselves, not just once, but many times more as you grow older and you learn more.
    But know this. I’m still your dad. And I am gonna fight. I’m gonna try really hard to win this, but I might not. But we don’t give up.

& Axelrod: I always figured the worst part about being locked up would the company.

& Axelrod: Yeah, I might go down behind all of this, but one thing is for sure, you are gonna be right there next to me.
    Chuck: Wow. Like I said before, Bob... worth it.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий