10 мая 2017 г.

Success Failure

Silicon Valley 4×1


& Richard: It’s... It’s iodine. I’ve been... biting my nails, so I put this on there to stop me from doing it. Looks like Cheetos, tastes like asshole.

& Richard: Yes. This is the amazing new company PiperChat.

& VC: You need funding? Hit a million daily active users while sustaining the same kind of growth, then everybody in town will be trying to kidnap you. Problem solved.

& VC: I’m sorry. Is it hard to become a billionaire? Welcome to the Valley, assholes.

& Richard: The reason why we stayed up for two days was to maximize our ability to get a million users, and I just did that. Because who doesn’t want 10 percent better image quality?
    Dinesh: Who doesn’t want it? Everyone. Everyone doesn’t want it!
    Gilfoyle: We already have the best video chat. People are using this on their cellphones. They’re not gonna be able to tell the fucking difference.

& Dinesh: You built the video chat, I’ll give you that. Okay. You did, but you did it using my algorithm.
    Richard: Right, like when Picasso painted a masterpiece, the guy who made the brushes and the paint deserved all the credit, right?

& Gavin: Here to you, Jack, and to your Hooli/Endframe box becoming the most successful American data storage appliance to ever be manufactured in China.

& Gavin: Watch your back, Jeff Bezos, here comes Hooli.


& Richard: As I said, the tech is great and all the guys are really behind it.
    Ross: But you’re not behind it, Richard. I can tell, and as much as you want to be, you’re not. It’s like this. You’re trying to date a woman, but deep down in your heart you know you’re gay.

& Ross: All right. Let’s do an exercise. You’ve got unlimited time and resources, you can build anything in the world you want with your compression, anything at all, what’s it gonna be? Three, two, one, go. Go, go, go.
    Richard: You said I have unlimited time?

& Richard: Okay. I own a telescope...
    Ross: Of course you do.
    Richard: ...and I brought it out one night to look at the full moon.
    Ross: Of course you did.
    Richard: And I got to thinking... «Wow, we put a man on the moon using the computing power of a handheld calculator.» And then I thought, «Okay... there’s literally millions of times more computing power in my phone and that’s just sitting in my pocket doing nothing.» Right?....

& Ross: You wanna build a new Internet?

& Dinesh: Gilfoyle... can I please be CEO of Pied Piper?
    Gilfoyle: Spoken like a true leader.

& Richard: Think you can do that?
    Jared: I’ve always been very adept at taking the shape of whatever shoe was pressed down upon me, so I can try to make it work.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий