3 мая 2017 г.

Abandoned!

Feud 1×7


& Makeup Artist: I do wish you’d give me a crack at those brows, Joan...
    Joan Crawford: The brows are mine. And the mouth. Let’s get started on the lashes.

& Joan Crawford: I need to process your note, Bob... In my trailer.

& Victor Buono: Well, I remember seeing her in Humoresque. Shunned by John Garfield, marching into the ocean, every hair in place. Beauty, dignity and death, all in one exquisite pose. She marched into the sea to her death...
    Bette Davis: ...and never got her hair wet.
    Victor Buono: Well... It meant a lot to me.

& Bette Davis: I wanted to hear [Jack Warner’s] reaction. Did he see my talent, my humor, my intelligence, my brave attack on the scene? But he wasn’t interested in any of that. Guess what he said.
    Robert Aldrich: What did he say?
    Bette Davis: He said I had zero sex appeal. He said, «Who would want to fuck that?...» I was 22. And nobody ever had.
    Robert Aldrich: You should go to bed.
    Bette Davis: Guess who he said he wished I looked like?.. Joan Crawford.

& Bette Davis: Joan... How did it feel to be the most beautiful girl in the world?
    Joan Crawford: It was wonderful. The most joyous thing you could ever imagine... And it was never enough.... Well, what about you? How did it feel to be the most talented girl in the world?
    Bette Davis: Great... And it was never enough.


& Joan Crawford: Driver. I’m not going to Brentwood. Take me to Cedars-Sinai Hospital. I’m suddenly feeling very, very ill.

& Joan Crawford: And, really, her entrance into the picture? Oh, it’s all wrong. A taxi cab, Bob? No.
    Robert Aldrich: Well, how about a flying carpet?

& Robert Aldrich: You know, Joan, the last time I let an actor call all the shots, I made 4 for Texas. I can’t afford another bomb. If Charlotte doesn’t work, I’m back making crap TV. So I suggest you put down your fucking script and pick up your fucking contract and give that a close fucking read. Tomorrow morning, 7:00 a.m., and not a minute later.

& Robert Aldrich: You know what, Bette? Being right doesn’t mean shit if you’re driving talent off the stage. You want to be a producer? Well, a producer gets results. You want to be a lion tamer? Great. Go tame the goddamn lion.

& B.D. Merrill: I just don’t see why we have to make such a big production out of the wedding.
    Bette Davis: Well, I’ll tell you why. A wedding is a big, special party because everything after that is hard work and repetition. It’s work to keep a house. It’s work to fix him the same goddamn glass of scotch every night and feign interest while he rants about his boss. It’s work to tolerate his forgetting to ask you about your day, and your feelings, and your thoughts. And it’s work to feel like a staging ground for someone else’s ambitions.
    B.D. Merrill: You just described my life with you.
    Bette Davis: Well, then I’ve prepared you to be a good wife.

& Bette Davis: I want it to be perfect. Your first wedding is the one that you remember the most.
    B.D. Merrill: My first wedding? Jeremy and I are forever!
    Bette Davis: Of course, darling, I... Of course. And however long that forever lasts, I want you know that you will always have a place to come home to.

& Joan Blondell: Let me tell you something. At a certain point, a woman becomes invisible. You get fat or old... people don’t even see you anymore... Oh, come on, think of it this way: you’ve been eating in a restaurant your whole life. You’re a great customer. Good tipper. Staff loves you. You spend all your money there. And then one day, they won’t serve you. Won’t take your money. Won’t even let you see the menu. Well, who could blame you for wanting to stand up and rip the tablecloth off?

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий