14 мая 2017 г.

La La Land

& Sebastian: And the thing is... You’re acting like life’s got me on the ropes. I want to be on the ropes. Okay? I’m letting life hit me ’til it gets tired. Then I’m gonna hit back. It’s a classic rope-a-dope.

& Sebastian: I want you to know you’re lookin’ at a new man, a man that’s happy to be here.
    Bill: Good. Excellent.
    Sebastian: Very-easy-to-work-with man.
    Bill: And you’re going to play the set list?
    Sebastian: Happy to... Even though I don’t think anyone cares what I play, but, yeah.
    Bill: Well, if by «anyone» you mean anyone other than me, that would be correct. I care, and I don’t wanna hear the free jazz.
    Sebastian: Right. Okay. Although I thought in this town it worked on a sort of «one for you, one for me» type system... How ’bout two for you, one for me?.. How ’bout all for you and none for me?
    Bill: That’s perfect, yes.
    Sebastian: Great.
    Bill: Okay.
    Sebastian: Okay, a mutual decision then.
    Bill: Right. Made by me.
    Sebastian: Right, and I sign off on it, so...
    Bill: Whatever. Tell yourself what you wanna know.

& Sebastian: I don’t know. That’s L.A. They just worship everything and they value nothing.


& Sebastian: I just think that people, when they say that they... you know, hate jazz, they just... They don’t have context, they don’t know where it comes from.
    Jazz was born in a little flophouse in New Orleans, and it’s just because people were crammed in there, they spoke five different languages, they couldn’t talk to each other. The only way they could communicate was with jazz.

& Sebastian: You have to see it. You have to see what’s at stake. I mean, look at these fellas. Look at the sax player right now. He just hijacked the song. He’s on his own trip. Every one of these guys is composing, they’re rearranging, they’re writing. Then they’re playing the melody. They’re just... And now look, the trumpet player. He’s got his own idea. And so, it’s conflict, and it’s compromise, and it’s just... It’s new every time. It’s brand-new every night. It’s very, very exciting.
    And it’s dying. It’s dying, Mia. It’s dying on the vine. And the world says, «Let it die. It had its time.» Well, not on my watch.

--
++ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий