25 мая 2017 г.

Midnight Run

& Thug: What the fuck’s goin’ on? You guys ain’t cops.
    Jack Walsh: No, we’re ballet dancers. Didn’t your mother ever teach you how to react to strangers? Not shoot at them? Huh?

& Jonathan Mardukas: No, I’m just saying that it’s a very, very tricky business and if I were your accountant, I would really strongly have to advise you against it, as an accountant.
    Jack Walsh: You’re not my accountant.
    Jonathan Mardukas: I realize I’m not your accountant. I’m just saying if I were your accountant...

& Jonathan Mardukas: I can’t fly.
    Jack Walsh: What?
    Jonathan Mardukas: You heard me, I can’t fly.
    Jack Walsh: No, no, no. You’re going to have to do better than that, pal.
    Jonathan Mardukas: No, I don’t have to do better than that, because it’s the truth, I can’t fly: I suffer from aviaphobia.
    Jack Walsh: What does that mean?
    Jonathan Mardukas: It means I can’t fly. I also suffer from acrophobia and claustrophobia.
    Jack Walsh: I’ll tell you what: if you don’t cooperate, you’re gonna suffer from «fistophobia.»

& Jonathan Mardukas: Familiar with the word «arteriosclerosis»? «Cholesterol»?.. If you want, I’ll outline a complete balanced diet for you.
    Jack Walsh: Mail it to me from C-Block.
    Jonathan Mardukas: Why would you eat that?
    Jack Walsh: Why? ’Cause it tastes good.
    Jonathan Mardukas: But it’s not good for you.
    Jack Walsh: I’m aware of that.
    Jonathan Mardukas: Why would you do something, if you know it’s not good for you?
    Jack Walsh: Because I don’t think about it.
    Jonathan Mardukas: That’s living in denial.
    Jack Walsh: Living in denial?
    Jonathan Mardukas: Yeah.
    Jack Walsh: I’m aware of that.
    Jonathan Mardukas: So you’re aware of all your behavior yet you continue to do things that aren’t good for you. That sounds sort of foolish. Don’t you think so, Jack?
    Jack Walsh: No. Stealing $15 million from Jimmy Serrano sounds foolish.
    Jonathan Mardukas: I didn’t think I’d get caught.
    Jack Walsh: Now, that’s livin’ in denial.
    Jonathan Mardukas: I’m aware of that.
    Jack Walsh: So you’re aware of your behavior and yet you continue to do things that aren’t good for you. Sounds kind of foolish to me, don’t you think, Jon?
    Jonathan Mardukas: It was foolish.


& Jonathan Mardukas: Oh, no, no. Come on, come on. Cigarettes are killers.
    Jack Walsh: So are women.

& Jack Walsh: Did it ever occur to you that I am a professional and that I might have my reasons?

& Jack Walsh: ... That whole fuckin’ department was corrupt.
    Jonathan Mardukas: There’s good and bad everywhere, don’t you think?
    Jack Walsh: I’d say there’s bad everywhere. Good I don’t know about.

& Jack Walsh: You know, Jon, you’re in this mess because you’re in this mess. I didn’t put you in this mess. Do you understand?

& Jack Walsh: ..... You lied to me first.
    Jonathan Mardukas: Yes, yes, I lied to you first but you had no knowledge I was lying about my fear of flying at the river when you lied to me. So as far as you knew, you lied to me first.
    Jack Walsh: Can’t even argue with you. I don’t even know what the fuck you’re talking about.
    Jonathan Mardukas: I’m just saying you lied to me first as far as you knew.

& Jonathan Mardukas: You know why you have an ulcer? Because you have two forms of expression: Silence and rage.

& Jonathan Mardukas: Come on. Uncuff me.
    Jack Walsh: You fuck with me—
    Jonathan Mardukas: And you’ll hit me on the head and drop me in a thing. Right. Come on. Uncuff me.

& Jonathan Mardukas: Sometimes you just have to let go. Just get yourself a new watch.

& Jonathan Mardukas: You’re okay, Jack. I think... under different circumstances... you and I... probably still would’ve hated each other.

& Jonathan Mardukas: Do me a favor. Don’t pretend you care about me. It really insults my intelligence.

& Marvin: Am I lucky, or am I just good?

& Jonathan Mardukas: I don’t know what to say.
    Jack Walsh: Don’t say anything. Knowing you, you’ll make me want to put those back on you again.

& Jack Walsh: I know you had money, but I didn’t know you had money. How much is here?
    Jonathan Mardukas: Neighborhood of $300,000.
    Jack Walsh: That’s a... that’s a very respectable neighborhood.

& Jack Walsh: See you in the next life.
    Jonathan Mardukas: See you in the next life.

& Jack Walsh: Do you know what time it is?
    Pedestrian: 25 to 12:00.
    Jack Walsh: 25 to 12:00... I would’ve made it.

& Jack Walsh: You wouldn’t have change for $1,000, would you?
    Driver: What are you, a comedian? Get out of here, you bum!
    Jack Walsh: Looks like I’m walkin’.

--
+++ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий