10 мая 2017 г.

With or Without You

Billions 2×10


& Axelrod: You. Of all people, you know precisely what response you’re eliciting. If you do it, you mean to do it.

& Minchak: I’ve done, uh, first couple levels, the dirty stuff those pop-up ads promised to find on your high-school sweetheart.
    Chuck: Those websites actually work?
    Minchak: More than they should.

& Minchak: Tomorrow starts the deep dive, your receipts, browser history, interviewing those who have known you intimately since school days.
    Chuck: Jesus.
    Minchak: It’s a shit show.

& Minchak: I’m gonna run through a list of areas. You’ll let me know... if we have an issue.

& Minchak: Aborted pregnancies?.. Uh, unwanted sexual advances in the workplace?.. Fiscal malfeasance?.. Hiring of undocumented workers?.. Cheating?.. Same-sex exploration... Membership of racially-exclusive clubs?.. Okay. Let’s get personal.

& Taylor: I like nightmares. When I wake up, they leave me deeply valuing my reality.

& Axelrod: She left me a note. «You lied to me.»
    Wags: Fuck. How you gonna figure out what she’s referring to?
    Axelrod: I already know ’cause it was the only one.
    Wags: You truly are a black swan.

& Bryan: Taylor Mason took my card. Cautiously optimistic, that she’s gonna... I’m not used to this gender pronoun thing yet... that they’ll reach out.

& Axelrod: And then I flipped totally to the other extreme. To Paris. That rainy night. We wouldn’t get out of bed even though the iPod was playing «With or Without You» on repeat, and so we ended up listening to it all night....


& Chuck: More prominent than I?
    Mistress: Should come as no surprise to you the lifestyle attracts brilliant people. Intricate temperaments. Intricate tastes.

& Axelrod: I’m limited to waiting now, and you know the problem with that?
    Wendy: You fucking hate waiting.

& Axelrod: Just say the word, and I’ll erase Wendy Rhoades from our world forever.

& Axelrod: I know how my employees think. You’re saying I don’t anymore?
    Taylor: You don’t anymore. Companies get bigger, modes of governance and delegation need to change to keep pace, or... you get this.

& Axelrod: Congratulations. All the analysts now answer to you.

& Bryan: I’m just gonna come out and ask. Is there anything you see at Axe Capital that offends your sense of fairness, of right and wrong?
    Taylor: What are you asking about? Fairness or right and wrong?

& Taylor: A stock is like a living organism, a sparrow, say. And we are able to create an emergent-based abstraction of that sparrow, which closely approximates the sparrow itself, accounting for migration patterns, wind, weather, and other variables. We can create a similar abstraction of a stock, combining the information from the specific ETFs which represent its underlying dependencies. And if we apply this to the stock, we can predict its delta, following the path of its abstracted self because nature follows abstraction.
    Bryan: I’m sorry. You lost me. Let’s start again. You sure you don’t want a cookie?

& Kate: How’d that go?
    Bryan: I’m no Ed Harris.

& Axelrod: Come on, they can wait five minutes. Quick catch up.
    Bruno: You’re my business partner. So you get the slice and a Coke on the arm. But that don’t buy you a conversation with me.

& Axelrod: You think I can’t control this, or you? That you’re teaching me some, some fucking lesson? I teach the fucking lessons, and you are about to get one!

& Boyd: Bobby. How are you?
    Axelrod: Frankly, I’ve had better days. But given your circumstances... I’ve got no business complaining.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий