17 мая 2017 г.

Golden Frog Time

Billions 2×11


& Wags: Remind me the next time I forget, there is no one in this business who won’t sell you out if they think there’s a fucking nickel in it.
    Axelrod: I find that strangely reassuring. Eliminates the possibility of disillusionment.

& Wags: You know those poison-tip arrows that certain tribes use that go through one guy and kill another? This might be like that. Golden frog poison... I tried to smoke it once. Shaman jumped across the tent to stop me.

& Judo trainer: You saw you had to give him something, an opportunity... and you used it against him. Well-done.

& Axelrod: Taylor, I know you come from analytics, and I know that the numbers are where you live, but got to learn the other piece, too. There’s a small group who can do the math. There’s an even smaller group who can explain it. But those few who can do both... they become billionaires.
    Wags: From a man who knows. Well-said, sir.

& Taylor: I am not shanking anyone.
    Wags: Well, call it what you will, but we all know you got to shank someone to earn respect on the yard.
    Taylor: How many jailhouse movies did you two watch growing up?
    Wags: We didn’t have computers.

& Axelrod: You run your department as you see fit. But...
    Wags: You got to look right into their eyes as the life drains out of them... And have fun!


& Wags: I remember the first time I shitcanned someone! It tasted as sweet as the Mata Hari’s armpits.

& Taylor: I have broken down and ranked each analyst in the following ten categories... performance, process, 360-degree workflow, quality of models, culture fit, team mentality, sheer number of fresh ideas, stubbornness, in both its good and bad shadings, value/skew tendencies, that is, do you look for low-risk, large-skew opportunities, and bias. Do you get anchored to old names that aren’t working? And then I created an 11th category, which I am calling desire... That is where we will start our discussion this morning.

& Wendy: Analysts are too important. Their responsibilities are too built-in. You can’t afford to be carrying someone who isn’t pulling his or her weight. So, do them the long-term favor of ripping off the Band-Aid and getting them one step closer to where they’re headed and what they should be doing.
    Taylor: Thank you. I had a feeling that would be the course.
    Wendy: One thing, though. Doing it will change you.

& Wendy: Foolishness is right next door to strength.
    Chuck: So they say.

& Chuck: Donna!.. Have the kid get in here and get this fucking software off my computer! I have no more use for it.

& Taylor: I’m well-compensated, more than well-compensated.
    Dollar Bill: Yeah, officially and on the books, with records of the transactions everywhere. But I wanted to spiff you above that. Everyone in our line needs cash squirreled away. It can make all the difference. Believe me.

& Lara: You know who you look like right now?
    Axelrod: Who?
    Lara: Bobby fucking Axelrod. It’s been a while.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий