31 мар. 2017 г.

Currency

Billions 2×5


& Axelrod: Thing is, it’s not your turn to speak.
    Wags: Why’s that?
    Axelrod: Because while you have been out there learning the Yaqui Way or how to run like the Tarahumara, I have been in here fighting the battle of fucking Thermopylae!

& Taylor: I thought it was an all-hands situation, urgent.
    Axelrod: Yes, it is. But the greats never sacrifice the important for the urgent. They handle the immediate problem and still make sure to secure the future.

& Axelrod: The only currency that this firm has... that any firm has these days... is its winning streak. The Kevlar of «knowing the answer.» You break that, you break the whole thing.

& Axelrod: Nobody leaves here until you hand me an idea that I can shock the world with in a few days time!

& Mafee: There’s this currency play....
    Axelrod: Are you transmitting me the details telepathically?

& Chuck: Have you ever been hunting, Sacker?
    Kate: Uh, no, I’m black.
    Chuck: I didn’t realize that was a thing.
    Kate: It is.

& Dr. Gus: I’ll skip the cooldown.
    Axelrod: No need. This’ll be quick, and then you can get back at it.
    Dr. Gus: Nope. You’re in here. Let’s be here. Together.

& Bryan: Oh, we put them in the basket before we play, because, you know... Because Go players didn’t have cellphones in ancient times.

& Chuck: Oh, I almost forgot, you better block that monkey jump at the bottom.


& Krakow: But, Axe, if this is some move, some game you’re playing... we’ll hunt you in a pack until we’re gnawing on your fucking bones.

& Dake: The office is a fiefdom run on fear, ambition, and advancement.
    Allerd: Probably why it’s been so effective.

& Allerd: Something I learned when I was working under Mondale... take a little piece of yourself, tuck it away in the basement. You can give the rest to the job, but keep a small piece. I speak from experience.

& Taylor: I find myself thinking in your words sometimes. The two that just came to me are «shit hole.»

& Wendy: Wags, wake up. Get up.
    Wags: Oh, baby, no!
    Wendy: No, not baby. It’s Wendy. Get up!

& Wags: My idea was the drinking, women, and drugs in perfect balance. An infinite Zen garden.
    Wendy: Simplicity, harmony between the elements, purity, that’s what makes it a Zen garden.

& Wendy: Couple ways this can go... We do, like, intense psychotherapy for two years, five days a week, break down your walls, push past your rationalizations and defenses. Or... you can tell me what the fuck is going on.

& Axelrod: You were wrong. I’m not human. I am a machine. I’m a fucking Terminator.

& Kate: You never finished your story. What trap did you and your father use to finally get that wolf?
    Chuck: Oh. Yeah, it was, uh, time, Sacker. We stayed in the same location all day. The trap was time.

& Lara: .... You said to go ahead.
    Axelrod: Don’t. Don’t. I don’t have time to have this conversation the way you need me to. You weren’t ready. Leave it there.
    Lara: Why the fuck not?
    Axelrod: What is it that you do that you’re the best in the world at? You offer a service you didn’t invent, a formula you didn’t invent, a delivery method you didn’t invent. Nothing about what you do is patentable or a unique user experience. You haven’t identified an isolated market segment, haven’t truly branded your concept. You need me to go on? So, why would an investment bank put serious money into it? I all but told you ahead of time, but you wouldn’t listen. Now you’ve heard it, but it’s too late. You. Weren’t. Ready.

& Axelrod: How can I help now?

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий