22 мар. 2017 г.

Optimal Play

Billions 2×3


& Axelrod: Well, that’s what Chuck Rhoades will do to a man... rob him of his life’s work.
    Boyd: He’s a Stalinist... convict first, then have the trial.

& Axelrod: You know one of the things that I really like about the NFL?
    Dollar Bill: The cheerleaders?
    Axelrod: Uh, yeah, yeah, when I was 12, yeah. But I’m all grown now, so I was gonna say the contracts.

& Axelrod: How’d you clock that I knew?
    Taylor: The way you listened to my answers, the cant of your head. You weren’t receiving new information.

& Lara: Lawrence Boyd isn’t exactly cannon fodder.
    Axelrod: Babe... everyone in the world, apart from you, me, and the kids is cannon fodder.

& Dr. Gus: One... this isn’t therapy. Two... I’ve had more fucking therapy than you have. And three... every time you walk away from doing what makes you feel great, even though it also makes you feel sad... something inside of you dies.
    Taylor: ... That’s true.
    Dr. Gus: Instead... when you feel emotionally messy, take yourself to where the boundaries are clean. It’s effective. It’s why we’ve developed sex workers.
    Taylor: ... Okay. Thanks for your time.


& Chuck: «Dear Monty, never give in, never give in, never, never, never, in nothing, great or small, large or petty. Never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense. And never yield to force. And never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.»
    From the day I passed the bar, I have said those words to myself the first morning of every trial.
    Harry: You can still say the words...

& Axelrod: So, I see you went to go work for the downtrodden, after all.
    Wendy: I work for myself.
    Axelrod: I bet that’s what his masseuse and manicurist tell themselves, too.

& Boyd: So, the issue for me...
    Hall: Never in threes about any of this... till we’ve all known each other a long time.
    Axelrod: This is why he’s the best.

& Taylor: ...and it filled me with disdain, almost hate.
    Axelrod: Hate is nature’s most perfect energy source. It’s endlessly renewable.

& Todd: Don’t let me get under your skin.
    Taylor: You have no clue what is under my skin, and I am certain that a million dollars in either direction, to Mr. Axlerod or you, is entirely insignificant. And in the continuum, 10,000 years of human history, this card game and the Alpha Cup... what does it mean? By 2090, we’ll all be gone, every last one of us, unless we’ve reached the singularity, and at that point, will money matter?
    Todd: Yeah, I’ve seen «Cosmos,» too.

& Chuck: Lawrence Boyd can be friend to no man. He’s a venal beast of the first order. He needs to demonstrate that he is the alpha of the pack, needs to dominate you in his own mind by heaving his seed into your bride...

& Axelrod: You know, when they like my number enough, they’ll like me just fine.

& Axelrod: You know what? Find all the other signed first editions for sale in the U.S. and in England... fuck it... everywhere. And buy them all, every single last one of them.
    Stephanie: That’ll be expensive...
    Axelrod: Well, then it’s a good thing I’m a rich fucking man.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий