30 мар. 2017 г.

Diddle Diddle Dumpling

Inside No. 9×5


& David: So odd. What’s the story behind it?

& Louise: I don’t want Sally falling behind.
    David: She’s seven! She should be reading Janet And Whatsit Have Two Mummies, or whatever they read these days.

& Louise: Well, if it’s brand-new, don’t put it on the table, it’s bad luck.

& Louise: «Found: One black man’s shoe.»
    David: I know, I wasn’t sure about that either. Cos it could sound like we’re saying the shoe belongs to a black man. It might do, we don’t know, but do you think we should change it?

& David: You know what I mean though, don’t you, Chris? I’m not going mad. A pair of shoes, they... they deserve to be together. Have to be. How they belong.


& David: OK, well, I’m going to ask you a couple of questions. I’m sure... I’m sure you understand... What size was the shoe you claim you lost?
    Ted: Nine.
    David: Correct. Good start.

& Louise: That’s right, and autumn has a silent «n» at the end like column or hymn.
    Sally: Who?

& Sally: Well, I’m here and Annabel’s here, and Christian’s here and he says, «Diddle diddle dumpling, my son, John,» and Annabel says, «Went to bed with his trousers on.» And I say, «One shoe off and one shoe on,» then we all say, «Diddle diddle dumpling, my son, John.»

& David: It’s not about the shoe, is it?.. It was never about the shoe.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий