24 апр. 2019 г.

The Silence of the Lambs (1991)


Jack Crawford: The one we want most refuses to help. I want you to go after him in the asylum.
Clarice Starling: Who's the subject?
Jack Crawford: The psychiatrist, Hannibal Lecter.
Clarice Starling: "Hannibal the Cannibal..."

Jack Crawford: You're to tell him nothing personal. Believe me, you don't want Hannibal Lecter inside your head. Just do your job but never forget what he is.
Clarice Starling: And what is that? ....
Dr. Chilton: Oh, he's a monster, a pure psychopath. It's so rare to capture one alive. From a research point of view, Lecter is our most prized asset...

Clarice Starling: ... Then do this test!
Dr. Hannibal Lecter: No, but I will make you happy. I'll give you a chance at your love.
Clarice Starling: What?
Dr. Hannibal Lecter: Advancement. Listen. Look deep within yourself, Clarice Starling. Go seek out Miss Mofet, an old patient of mine. M-O-F-E-T. I don't think Miggs could manage again so soon... even though he is crazy... Go now!

Dr. Hannibal Lecter: All good things to those who wait.

Murray: Is it true what they're saying? He's some kind of vampire?
Clarice Starling: They don't have a name for what he is.


Dr. Hannibal Lecter: Everything you need to find him is there in those pages.
Clarice Starling: Then tell me how.
Dr. Hannibal Lecter: First principles, Clarice. Simplicity. Read Marcus Aurelius. Of each particular thing, ask: What is it in itself? What is its nature? What does he do, this man you seek?
Clarice Starling: He kills women.
Dr. Hannibal Lecter: No. That is incidental. What is the principle thing he does? What needs does he serve by killing?
Clarice Starling: Anger... social acceptance and sexual frustration...
Dr. Hannibal Lecter: No! He covets. That is his nature. And how do we begin to covet, Clarice? Do we seek out things to covet? Make an effort to answer now.
Clarice Starling: No, we just...
Dr. Hannibal Lecter: No, we begin by coveting what we see every day. Don't you feel eyes moving over your body, Clarice? And don't your eyes seek out the things you want?

Clarice Starling: Lambs. The lambs were screaming.
Dr. Hannibal Lecter: They were slaughtering the spring lambs?
Clarice Starling: And they were screaming.

Clarice Starling: I took one lamb, and I ran away as fast as I could.
Dr. Hannibal Lecter: Where were you going, Clarice?
Clarice Starling: I don't know. I didn't have any food, any water and it was very cold, very cold. I thought, I thought if I could save just one, but... he was so heavy. So heavy. I didn't get more than a few miles when the sheriff's car picked me up. ...
Dr. Hannibal Lecter: What became of your lamb, Clarice?
Clarice Starling: They killed him.

Dr. Hannibal Lecter: Brave Clarice... You will let me know when those lambs stop screaming, won't you?

Dr. Hannibal Lecter: I do wish we could chat longer, but... I'm having an old friend for dinner.

--
+++ Quotes on the IMDb


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий