27 апр. 2019 г.

Firestarter (1984)

Taxi Driver: I ain't turning down no $500!

Charlie: It's not right. It's not right to steal.
Andy: Honey, I know, but it's not right for them to keep coming after us, either. Now, I explained that to you, Charlie, at least I tried.
Charlie: About the big bad and the little bad?
Andy: That's right. Lesser and greater evil.

Doctor Wanless: Suppose we have a child here who some day... is capable of creating a nuclear explosion simply by the power of her will.
Captain Hollister: That's insane.
Doctor Wanless: Is it? Is it? Then allow me to progress from insanity to utter lunacy. Suppose there is a little girl out there somewhere today, this morning, who has within her, lying dormant at present, the power some day to crack the very planet in two, like a china plate in a shooting gallery.
Captain Hollister: ... What if we could train this little girl? And others as well. Could we ever have more powerful weapons?

Andy: Oh, Charlie... Of course I'll still love you. I love you more than anything in the world, no matter what happens.

Charlie: You don't need your gun.

Irv Manders: You men are trespassing. I want you to get the hell off my property.
Agent: We're government agents, sir. These two folks are wanted for questioning. Nothing more.
Irv Manders: I don't care if they're wanted for assassinating the president. Show me a warrant or get the hell off my land!
Agent: We don't need a warrant.
Irv Manders: You do unless I woke up in Russia this morning.

Charlie: Can I be?
Andy: What?
Charlie: Like everybody else?
Andy: Darn tootin' you can.
Charlie: I want to be.

Captain Hollister: I guess we've got a deal, but why do you want her?
John Rainbird: She's very beautiful. She's very young. Yet inside her is the power of the gods. We're going to be close, she and I. Oh, yes. Gonna be very close...

Captain Hollister: I know you'll find this hard to believe now, Charlie, but you and me are gonna be pals.
Charlie: Never.
Captain Hollister: Never say never.

John Rainbird: Are you scared by my face? I mean, I could wear a mask or something.
Charlie: I've seen worse.

Captain Hollister: Have you considered what might happen if that girl found out whose side you're really on?
John Rainbird: Oh, yes, I have.
Captain Hollister: I'd say you stand a good chance of finding out what a steak feels like in a microwave oven.

Andy: You'll have to burn it all down, baby. Burn it all down.

--
++ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий