17 апр. 2019 г.

Three Days of the Condor (1975)

Joubert: Would you move from the window, please?
Janice: Pardon?
Joubert: Would you move from the window?
Janice: .... I won't scream.
Joubert: I know.

Turner: I'm not a field agent. I just read books!

Wicks: Do you know the Ansonia Hotel?
Turner: Broadway and 71 st.
Wicks: 73rd. There's an alley behind the hotel... I want you to enter that alley from the 73rd Street side.

Kathy: Sometimes... I take a picture that isn't like me, but I took it, so it is like me. I put those pictures away.
Turner: I'd like to see those pictures...
Kathy: We don't know each other that well.
Turner: Do you know anybody that well?
Kathy: I don't think I want to know you very well. I don't think you're going to live much longer.
Turner: Well, I may surprise you...

Turner: You take pictures. Beautiful pictures... of empty streets and trees with no leaves in November. Why haven't you asked me to untie your hands?

Kathy: I have this friend and he asked me to give you a message. Quote: "Mr Higgins, this introduces a friend of mine, 'Sparrow Hawk'. Please accompany her to the Nassau Street exit, now." Personally, I'd do it, because he has this huge gun and he's looking at us right now.

Turner: I'm doing a survey. Do you believe the condor is an endangered species?

Joubert: You have a lot of very fine qualities. But...
Turner: What fine qualities?
Joubert: You have good eyes. Not kind, but they don't lie, and they don't look away much and they don't miss anything. I could use eyes like that.


Joubert: I'll do my best.
Turner: Do your best.

Turner: Why?
Joubert: I don't interest myself in "why". I think more often in terms of "when", sometimes "where"; always "how much".

Turner: What would you suggest?
Joubert: Personally, I'd prefer Europe.
Turner: Europe?
Joubert: Yes. The fact is, what I do is not a bad occupation. Someone is always willing to pay.
Turner: I would find it... tiring.
Joubert: Oh, no, it's quite restful. It's almost peaceful. No need to believe in either side, or any side. There is no cause. There's only yourself. The belief is in your own precision.

Turner: I'd like to go back to New York.
Joubert: You have not much future there. It will happen this way. You may be walking. Maybe the first sunny day of the spring. And a car will slow beside you, and a door will open, and someone you know, maybe even trust, will get out of the car. And he will smile, a becoming smile. But he will leave open the door of the car and offer to give you a lift.

Turner: Let's say for the purposes of argument, I had a .45 in my pocket, you'd take a walk with me, right?

Turner: What is it with you people? You think not getting caught lying is the same as telling the truth?
Higgins: No. It's simple economics. Today it's oil, right? In ten or fifteen years, food. Plutonium. Maybe even sooner. Now, what do you think the people are gonna want us to do then?
Turner: Ask them?
Higgins: Not now, then! Ask 'em when they're running out. Ask 'em when there's no heat in their homes and they're cold. Ask 'em when their engines stop. Ask 'em when people who have never known hunger start going hungry. You wanna know something? They won't want us to ask 'em. They'll just want us to get it for 'em!

--
++ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий