7 апр. 2019 г.

Chickentown

Billions 4×3


Wendy: It'll be like the old water torture... Drip, drip, drip.
Wagner Wags: Like the Japanese in W.W.II. Even though the Chinese invented it...
Wendy: No they didn't.
Wagner Wags: Then why is it called 'Chinese Water Torture?' .....
Hall: She's right, you know. The Chinese didn't invent it.
Wendy: Hippolytus de Marsiliis did, an Italian.

Bobby Axelrod: Bill... what's your level of certainty?
Dollar Bill: I am not uncertain.

Chuck Rhoades: Regrettable. But like all men of consequence, we put it aside to move forward toward our common goal.

Taylor: This is my shop.
Douglas Mason: Not much to it, is there? Don't places like these usually spend buckets of money on nice digs to impress their clients?
Taylor: You don't want to seem gilded. Highlight the brain power instead. Clean. Simple. Direct. That's how we make an impression now.

Chuck Rhoades: Porter... "This city desert
makes you feel so cold.
It's got so many people,
but it's got no soul."
Remember that.

Hall: Most people who want privacy in this city have privacy glass. If they don't, they have their windows treated.

Hall: I have this... It's Israeli. It uses a spatial light modulator, and that allows me to take pictures that people don't want me to take.
Wagner Wags: Very handy.
Hall: The Israelis do not fuck around when it comes to their spy equipment...
Bobby Axelrod: But why is it in your hands instead of set up taking goddamned pictures?
Hall: Oh, it is. This one's for personal use.

Bobby Axelrod: ...find a way to motivate that person in our direction. Otherwise your chicken business will consist of you asking: you want original recipe or extra fucking crispy?


Wagner Wags: Wiki me up to speed.

Wagner Wags: I always forget you can do the math.
Bobby Axelrod: What can't I do?
Wagner Wags: Field surgery?
Bobby Axelrod: Keep talking, we'll find out.

Douglas Mason: See? You put the spoon on the bottom; it's harder than the fork.
Taylor: Only one point of contact with the surface as opposed to a full line.
Douglas Mason: Harder.

Dollar Bill: I got a solution to our chicken problem... A final solution.

Rhoades, Sr.: You hide in shame now and people will wonder what other weaknesses and depravities there are to discover... You'll get up here, wear a nice suit, put your arm around that pretty wife, smile big and face the people.

Bobby Axelrod: Bill. Bill, what are you about to do?
Dollar Bill: What I always do for you: whatever I have to.

Wagner Wags: You intend to kill a few hundred thousand chickens?
Dollar Bill: They're getting killed anyway. This just accelerates the process, that's all.

Wagner Wags: ...Or else we're all in Contagion: Gwyneth Paltrow dead on the gurney and Matt Damon as the last living man on earth.

Dollar Bill: It's not okay! I'm the guy who delivers!!
Bobby Axelrod: Yeah. Most of the time, you are. But, and I can't believe I'm fucking saying this: we can't all be right all of the time. Sometimes... you just gotta take a loss.

Wagner Wags: It's a Sicilian message.
Bobby Axelrod: It's a Kappa Mu Epsilon message. They knew they were being watched.

Bobby Axelrod: I think they're the one hunting. For something bigger... The Treaty of Versailles.

Taylor: ...you aren't able to operate freely either. You're planning attacks. Then defending from a response. Let's stop. Not waste ourselves on each other. Our time and energy are too valuable.

Taylor: Can I trust you on this?
Bobby Axelrod: You're the fucking genius, figure it out.

Rhoades, Sr.: It's incredible. He's never stopped. He's never let his audience down. Never quit on them. And they never quit on him, either. Some are built that way. The rest of them quit or die... That's the way a legend oughta be. That's the way a legend oughta be...
Chuck Rhoades: I'll never quit.
Rhoades, Sr.: I'll never die.

Rhoades, Sr.: Don't worry about all these motherfuckers, my boy. Just stay standing. Longer than the next guy. And the guy after that. Do whatever you need to do to outlast him. If he loses... you win, son.

Bobby Axelrod: Willingness to fraternize with the depraved... Powerful weapon.
Chuck Rhoades: Oh. You have to be willing.
Bobby Axelrod: Yeah. 'Cause someone else out there certainly is.

Bobby Axelrod: You want me to help put you in the State Attorney General's office...
Chuck Rhoades: I do.
Bobby Axelrod: Last time you were a lawman, it wasn't so good for me.
Chuck Rhoades: This time it'll be different.
Bobby Axelrod: You sure about that? I've seen a lot of Westerns. A man changes when he puts on that star...

Chuck Rhoades: Favors reap favors. And I'm sure there's a favor or two I could help you with.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий