14 апр. 2019 г.

The Ways of the Dead

American Gods 2×5


Mr. Wednesday: Grow, Yggdrasil. Grow.

Shadow Moon: You know there's a bathroom, right?
Mr. Wednesday: Yeah.
Shadow Moon: You're pissing on a plant.
Mr. Wednesday: On the world tree? Don't be disgusting. How dare you?

Mr. Ibis: Humans are dead longer than they're alive.
Mr. Wednesday: And we want them on bended knee offering up their firstborn and two more kids to be named later.

The Jinn: You know... I was born on Thursday under a scorching desert sun, long before the first wahy. Years later, after the Prophet's revelations, we, Jinn, we were given a choice. Convert to Islam or live our lives as heretic demons. I chose heretic demon...

The Jinn: After all you've seen, you still believe your god is the one true God?
Salim: Yes, of course I do. The first pillar of Islam is, "There is no God but God."
The Jinn: Thomas Jefferson said all men are created equal, but he still owned slaves.

Mr. Wednesday: I'm here to pick up two gentlemen from the city of Sodom.

The Jinn: I'm beholden to him, but he's not my fucking god!


Salim: How... how did our motorcycle get here?
Mr. Wednesday: This is not just a motorcycle. This is Hildisvini, Freyja's Battle Boar and sometime lover, eh?

Salim: You are not my God.
The Jinn: He still believes in what he was told. Not what he sees or has experienced. The good little Arab boy, still doing what his parents told him to do.
Salim: What does it matter to you what I believe?

Mr. Wednesday: Here I am. Worship away!
Salim: Your truth, it is not my truth.
The Jinn: No, no. You're entitled to your own truth, Salim, but not your own facts.

Mr. Wednesday: You should come too, Salim. You misguided monotheist. Heh.

Mr. Wednesday: You know, there's still time to join the party train to Valhalla. We shall play where the moon cannot see us...

Shadow Moon: What's missing from someone's soul that they can do that to another? Why would he curse his own people?
Mr. Ibis: Race is no simple equation where one thing equals another. No one hates the children of Israel more than the children of Israel. What you say... also happens to be true for a dozen other ethnicities. But... when you are continually reminded that you have little to no value, it's easy to be convinced that all the rules are stacked against you. Your worst fears are not possible; they are probable.

Mr. Nancy: Well, praise Jesus and four more white zombies.

Shadow Moon: Why are you always trying to piss me off?
Mr. Nancy: Better pissed off than pissed on.

Reverend Hutchins: Leave here. And if you find somewhere... our people aren't catching hell... you let me know where it is. I'll come running.

Mr. Ibis: America is the only country in the world that measures its foot in feet!

Laura Moon: I knew you were his bitch; I didn't realize you were his whore as well.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий