13 апр. 2019 г.

The Color of Money (1986)

Vincent Lauria: Nine-ball is rotation pool. The balls are pocketed in numbered order. The only ball that means anything... that wins it, is the 9. The player can shoot eight trick shots in a row... blow the 9, and lose. On the other hand... the player can get the 9 in on the break... if the balls spread right, and win. Which is to say, that luck plays a part in 9-ball. But for some players... luck itself is an art.

Eddie Felson: Look. If you got an area of excellence... you're the best at something, anything... then rich can be arranged. Rich can come fairly easy.

Eddie Felson: Pool excellence is not about excellent pool. It's about becoming something. ... You got to be a student... of human moves.

Eddie Felson: Go on, get back to work... but think about it, okay? Take your time. I'll give you five seconds.

Vincent Lauria: Don't worry. I'm not going to lose often.
Eddie Felson: Yes, you will. That's what I'll teach you. Sometimes if you lose, you win.

Eddie Felson: It ain't about pool, sex, love. It's about money. The best is the guy with the most... in all walks of life.
Carmen: Are you the best liquor salesman?
Eddie Felson: You betcha.

Eddie Felson: You never ease off on somebody like that... Not when there's money involved. That's the problem with mercy, kid. It just ain't professional.

Vincent Lauria: I don't know, Eddie. Maybe you're right. Maybe this game is just for bangers... But the thing is... Even if it is just for bangers, everybody's doing it. If everybody's doing it... there's a lot of guys doing it. A lot of guys doing it... but only one guy can be the best.


Eddie Felson: Don't waste my time with bullshit, Carmen. We got a racehorse here... a thoroughbred. You make him feel good, I teach him how to run. We're businesspeople.
Carmen: .... Got you.

Moselle: What you got in there?
Vincent Lauria: In here?.. Doom.

Eddie Felson: You got me talking to myself. Half of me says I got a hold of... the best thing I ever seen. Half of me says it ain't worth it. Either I don't teach you right... or you don't listen... or you listen, but you don't hear.

Eddie Felson: You remind me that... that money won... is twice as sweet as money earned.

Eddie Felson: You got to have two things to win. You got to have brains... and you got to have balls. You've got too much of one... and not enough of the other.

Eddie Felson: Do you smell what I smell?
Carmen: Smoke?
Eddie Felson: Money.

Vincent Lauria: Eddie, what will you do... when I kick your ass?
Eddie Felson: Pick myself up and let you kick me again.

--
++ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий