26 апр. 2019 г.

Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow

The Orville 2×13


Kelly Grayson: I still don't think a captain and... first officer... together... is a responsible command decision.

Kelly from the past: Where am I?

Isaac: Commander, your exterior ornamentation appears to have transformed. How did you accomplish this with such rapidity?

Dr. Finn: The only difference is, she's approximately seven years younger.

Dr. Finn: Commander... I know this is gonna sound insane... but she's you.

Kelly Grayson: Okay, I have a pretty basic question. If she really is me from the past, why don't I remember all of this? And if it turns out we can't reverse it... why am I here at all?

Capt. Mercer: So you're saying Kelly's thoughts did this?
John Lamarr: I know it sounds crazy, but that's quantum physics.
Isaac: Even on Kaylon, the relationship of a conscious observer to quantum-level events in time and space is not fully understood.

Capt. Mercer: I got a B-plus in temporal theory...
Kelly Grayson: I would have thought you, of all people, would've gotten an "A."
Capt. Mercer: Well, nobody gets an "A." It's time travel, nobody really understands it, but...

Capt. Mercer: ...So, my philosophy is, when in doubt... tell the truth.

Kelly from the past: If you'd asked me to predict the next seven years of my life, this-this would have been guess number 9,000.



Gordon Malloy: Hey, you know, I just had a thought... If Young Kelly meeting Old Kelly has changed the timeline, would we even know about it?
Kelly Grayson: How about we say "Past" and "Present" Kelly?

Capt. Mercer: You guys will not get me into a discussion of time-travel logic. I would rather chew broken glass.

Past Kelly: So, what do you say, Commander?
Kelly Grayson: ... Call me Kelly.
Past Kelly: You, too.

Capt. Mercer: How many times have human beings wished that they could go back and fix the past?... Well, this is a real-life opportunity.

Kelly Grayson: I know myself. I used to say things like "find my soul mate..." Well, guess what. You don't find soul mates, you become soul mates by growing together.

Past Kelly: I know you don't want to hear it, but you have to.
Kelly Grayson: What?
Past Kelly: You're not married. You're not a captain. You maintain a distance from your crew... There were three things I wanted in life, and you haven't come close on one. You've made my future a disappointment.

Kelly Grayson: Every mature person has to make peace with the fact that they used to be dumber, but to have it thrown in your face every single day... man, it sucks.

Dr. Finn: The young always dismiss the old. It's a way of pushing away the truth.
Kelly Grayson: You just called me old.

Dr. Finn: Real is relative. I dated an artificial life-form and thought I found my perfect match. Goals change. Things become more beautifully complicated, and so we have to stop every so often and reassess. What is it you really want?

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks
+ Episode Recap

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий