5 апр. 2019 г.

Miss Sloane (2016)

Elizabeth Sloane: Lobbying is about foresight. About anticipating your opponent's moves and devising countermeasures. The winner plots one step ahead of the opposition, and plays her trump card just after they play theirs—
Daniel Posner: You better not be saying that when you're in there.
Elizabeth Sloane: It's about making sure you surprise them, and they don't surprise you.

Elizabeth Sloane: On the advice of counsel, I respectfully decline to answer your question, based on my rights under the Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution.

Elizabeth Sloane: Daniel. When I take the stand, you'll see nothing but a granite wall.

Elizabeth Sloane: Know your subject, people! Failure to do so may result in the loss of a golden opportunity.

Elizabeth Sloane: I work on behalf of causes I believe in. That's how I sleep at night.
George Dupont: You don't sleep at night. You sit and obsess about winning, no matter the cause.

Rodolfo Schmidt: They're a boutique bipartisan Government Affairs agency.
Elizabeth Sloane: "Boutique" is a euphemism for "little fish." "Bipartisan" denotes a bunch of hippies in suits.

Elizabeth Sloane: Who's with me?

Jane Molloy: She's not predictable. She aims to surprise. She'll share things with her team, but she won't share everything. She'll have a plan for certain people, but they won't know until they're dropped right into the middle of it. There's always something else going on with her. It's just how she works.

Elizabeth Sloane: A senator's priority isn't representing the people, it's keeping his ass in office.
Cynthia: That is so cynical.
Elizabeth Sloane: "Cynical" is a word used by Pollyannas to denote an absence of the naivety they so keenly exhibit.

Rodolfo Schmidt: He was on board, but he just did a 180. Says he wants to wait and see.
Elizabeth Sloane: "Wait and see" is more like a 90.


Senator Ronald Sperling: And how did you react to the possibility of all this?
Rodolfo Schmidt: I told her it was mind-boggling, ingenious, morally repugnant and completely unacceptable.

Elizabeth Sloane: If they could produce a rational winning argument, I'd gladly migrate to their side, but "because it says so in the Constitution, the Bible, or my horoscope," it's not a winning argument! It's a ripcord. An intellectual equivalent of a yellow, pant-pissing wimp cowering behind mommy's skirt.

Esme Manucharian: That's it? I'm a "resource"?
Elizabeth Sloane: Professionally, yes. I understand you have feelings, and a life, but I have no duty to them. I have a duty to the cause, and if the two conflict, there will only ever be one winner.

Rodolfo Schmidt: Were you ever normal? As a child? Or were the twisted thought processes in your mind hard-wired in the womb? Because I'm having a really hard time understanding how somebody gets to this.
Elizabeth Sloane: .... Guess I'm just a piece of work.

Elizabeth Sloane: I grew up lying, Forde. Didn't want to. I had to. That's why I excel at it. It's a skill I would've happily traded for a normal life.
Forde: Normal's overrated.

Esme Manucharian: You crossed the line when you stopped treating people with respect. You're smart enough to know that. You just don't care.

Rodolfo Schmidt: Why don't you quit?
Elizabeth Sloane: And do what?

George Dupont: You know the root of the word "annihilate"? It's Latin. It means, "reduce to nothing."

Senator Ronald Sperling: How big a wedge we talking?
George Dupont: Big enough to be the difference between the continuation of your duties as a United States Senator and the reduction of your career to nothing.

Elizabeth Sloane: Prison's not so bad if you don't have a penis. We don't shank each other, we form self-help groups. There's a black market in lip gloss.

Elizabeth Sloane: Career suicide is not so bad when you consider the alternative is suicide by career. My doctor would tell you I've served my interest very well.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий