27 авг. 2014 г.

Preventative Medicine

Tyrant 1×7

& Barry: Don’t underestimate my brother.

& Bassam: Jamal, I don’t know.
    Jamal: If you were to guess... 50-50, 60-40?.. I needed 100%.
    Bassam: Look... Look, I want him to wake up, too, but, uh, he’s an old man, so...
    Jamal: I need it to be 100% that he doesn’t.
    Bassam: Why?
    Jamal: What difference does it make? It’s what I need.

& Bassam: All the king’s horses and all the king’s men...

& Jamal: ...everyone will know this horrible thing I did.
    Leila: It’s not horrible. It’s beautiful. That man? That is the man I married. Jamal doesn’t give power. He takes power. And if the people rise up, you’ll bring them down. And if the world hates us, you’ll just build a beautiful new hospital.

& Amira: History is almost never the story of what actually happened, Bassam.

& Bassam: How-how did you work alongside my Uncle all these years? H-how does he say something about the weather or-or what you had for lunch and you smile?
    Yussef: To survive, you do what you have to do.


& Bassam: H-how does a man that works for peace make his child into a murderer?
    Yussef: To prepare you for the world you were born into. To teach you the rules. Those who are feared make peace; those who are not get killed.

& Yussef: Your father could be kind because your Uncle was cruel.
    Bassam: No. No, it’s...
    Yussef: No, what? It’s not neat? It’s not simple? Here nothing is black and white. Nothing!

& Aunt Jenna: You know what I just realized? I’ve never been the guest of a dictator before.

& Katerina: Well, how do you know the Maldives would make you happy?
    Jamal: Because that’s the last time I was happy.

& Bassam: You think you get a handle on this place, you... you think you know how to get from point “a” to point “b.” And then it punishes you for your arrogance. It is an unwinnable game.

& Fauzi: Forget about certainty. Hope is enough.

& Jenna: Mol. Please? You always end up on your feet. And I end up on my ass. You can afford to pick me up, every once in a while.

& Bassam: The worst thing about evil... is that it forces you to become evil in return.

& Bassam: Jamal can’t run this country. I know that now.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий