10 авг. 2014 г.

Pressing Matters

Utopia 2×1

& Philip @ 1974: ...there are 3,500 species of mosquito. They’ve been around for 100 million years. You think you can just yank them out of existence? I mean, you do realise half the birds in the Arctic tundra will starve to death? I mean, you have actually thought of that or are you just fucking idiots?

& Philip @ 1974: No offence. I’m sure you’re great. But why don’t you just fuck off?
    Milner: Why don’t you make me?

& Philip @ 1974: Let me explain something to you. The sun throws a certain amount of energy onto this planet. We turn it into food, clothing, shelter, et cetera. It supports an amount of us and it took 30,000 years for that amount to become one billion. Then we found a way to use ancient sunlight, sunlight trapped in oil and coal. We started to live off that. What happened? In just 130 years, our population doubled. The next billion took 30 years. The fourth billion has taken just 14. So, here’s the question. What do you think is going to happen when that oil and coal runs out in, say, 100 years? When there’s 10 billion living on a planet that can support only one?..

& Philip @ 1974: Malaria? The only disease that needs curing is us.

& Tom: She loves you, you know?.. Not like that. That she saves for me. With you, it’s... much higher. Brain love. She loves your brain.


& The Assistant: The Network lab in Tel Aviv. One of the men worked out the RNA codes for Janus. He has an idea of what it does.
    Milner: Has he told anyone?
    The Assistant: Half the lab, as many as 50 people. We’re not sure exactly who yet, but we have it locked down.
    Milner: Do you have a plane ready?
    The Assistant: TWA 841, heading to JFK. We’ve told them they’re going to be debriefed by the CIA.
    Milner: Well, you know what we have to do, then...

& Milner: We’re making a new world, Philip. We are creating utopia.

& Philip @ 1979: Who are you? ... What do you want?
    Mr. Omida: Pleased to meet you. My name is Mr. Omida. Er... should the time come, I am to be your daughter’s torturer. I’ve been asked to explain my process to you.

& Dr. Isherwood: I’m a Labour voter. I’m a card-carrying member, you fucks! I’ve been on picket lines up and down this country, and I know an MI5 stitch-up when I see one. ... Fucking establishment crypto-fascist bastards. You’re all the same. Terrified of the proletariat.

& The Assistant: We’ve managed to pull some footage of Carvel with Jessica from the close-circuit system. We think that’s the vaccine... and we think Janus is inside it.
    Milner: It’s in her? He put it in Jessica?
Ω Season 1 ep 6

& Christos: OK, Jessica Hyden, let’s teach you how to use a gun.
--
On the IMDb

Σ Interesting facts:
+ TWA 841
+ Three Mile Island accident
+ Vote of no confidence

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий