15 июл. 2012 г.

Cleanskin

& Charlotte: We’re bound by procedure. In this situation, we cannot afford those constraints. ... I want you to find who’s responsible and stop him in whatever way you feel fit. Let it be done quickly.

& Ash: John Major signed a peace treaty with Sinn Féin because the IRA’s violent actions forced him to. Gerry Adams changed from a terrorist to a politician but it was violence and legal action that forced the change. Not one lawyer was involved.
    Paul: Gerry Adams is a murderer!
    Lecturer: This is a law class. It’s not a political forum for you to...
    Ash: Actually, in today’s context he is recognised and accepted. He’s being invited to have tea with the Prime Minister, for fuck’s sake.
    Lecturer: Ash, just keep it civilized.
    Ash: I’m sorry. Cos he matched them with violence. I mean, look at Israel, created through a violent struggle and now it’s an internationally recognized state. In America, the American forefathers fought the British, beat them hands down, and now what are they? They’re the biggest superpower on this planet. Why? Because violence is the supreme authority all authorities derive their power and legitimacy from. Law is completely irrelevant in the face of true force. That applies to any country.
    Paul: And what’s your country?..

& Nabil: What happens on the battlefield is between you and God. I am here now. God didn’t will it for me to enter paradise. But I’m content, you know? Contentment is a state of mind. Like Palestine.

& Ewan: I fought over there. To stop this from happening here. Again. Didn’t stop. They’re not going to stop. And neither will I. I’m going to find every one of them... and send them to the death they pray for.


& Nabil: Before our colleague left, he said you were a capable man. But that you... You know, you need experience to see what these pigs do to your people. Hmm? I think he was right. Afghanistan. You’ll go there, with a new identity, to our friends. Be taught useful things, then you’ll come back. And if you don’t return... then your prize will be more than anything any one of us could wish for... Paradise.

& Ashraf: For those of you looking for reasons, then I suggest you pay attention to what I have to say. For far too long, you’ve ignored what is happening around you. You’ve not seen the inevitable that is coming at you. The inevitability of my actions.
    You’ve never opened your mouths in protest at my people’s suffering. Your silence has been deafening. Words have had no impact on you. Politics has had no impact on you. Look at Afghanistan, Iraq, Palestine. The list goes on and on. And you continue to ignore it.
    You seem confused at our actions. Lost in your decadent world. Unable to act. Unable to move. Frozen in time. So now I’m going to communicate to you in a language you can understand.
    My words are dead until I give them life with your blood and mine. I’m sure by now your newspapers and television have depicted me as a madman, an evil outsider hell-bent on destruction. Your corrupt and degenerate media will spin my actions to suit the government agenda. They want you misinformed, scared and docile, so that you continue to ignore their murderous actions. They are happy for you to lose yourself and all that this world has to offer so that you stay unaware and intoxicated with their mindless chatter. So that you do not question the situation you find yourselves in. Trapped in a vicious circle of your own doing.
My life has been a journey towards violence, but it’s not one I regret. There is no guilt for me. There is no thoughts of the past or what I did or didn’t do. My search is over. My hands have been guided by a force that’s greater than anything on this world. I’ve found my peace.
    You must understand that things do not happen without reason. There are no coincidences. So listen carefully to what I have to say.
    The material world that you worship is meaningless and empty. It means nothing to me. I leave it behind gladly. I have sacrificed myself... for something higher than what this world has to offer. I strive for a higher ground.
    Now, your government, the government that you voted for, commit atrocities against my people all over this world. Your support for them makes you responsible.
    I’m not a hypocrite. I will not sit by while my brothers and sisters are being slaughtered. The path that has led me here has been littered with obstacles. But I have remained strong. I am sure of my actions. Then I will not falter.
    Until you stop the bombing, imprisonment and torture of my people, we will not stop. We have entered the realm of war, and I am a soldier. Until we feel security, you will be our targets. You are all responsible for turning a blind eye to the butchery of my people. I’m only a man, but my actions are the price you pay for your apathy, for your debauchery.
    I’ve lived amongst you, but I’m not a part of you. You’ve not seen me until now. I am God’s lonely man. Your 9/11s, your 7/7s, are what my people suffer on a daily basis around the world. You know nothing of suffering. So now I’m going to show you.
    My prayers have all been answered and no earthly force can take them away from me. I will rise up against you. You’ll not forget me. You have killed thousands of my brothers and sisters. That much death has a consequence you will pay for with your blood. There will be more like me, I promise you. And we will bring hell to you and your kind. And my conscience is clear. I have no regrets. I live forever. I go to a better place.

& Charlotte: Those files are nonsense you made up. No one will believe it.
    Ewan: They might... if you buckle under the pressure of the story.
    Charlotte: You’re out of your mind.
    Ewan: It’s in my nature.

--
On the Imdb.

Σ It's just too plain & simply two-dimensional.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий