31 мар. 2020 г.

Strangers: Part Two

This Is Us 4×18


Toby: We really need a full-on three-layer birthday cake for this guy, huh? I'm pretty sure Jack would be happy mainlining sugar right off the counter.
Kate: Yeah, it's tradition, Toby.
Rebecca: Yeah. Okay? It's the Big Three. There's three layers.

Nicky: Oh, you know, there are billboards of you all over town. I think it's an ad for your nipple?
Kevin: Uh, it's a cologne ad, okay? And people love it.
Nicky: Hmm. Well, it always makes me laugh. I think 'cause I know you.

Kevin: Tomorrow is my, uh, one-year sober. My one-year is also Jack's birthday.

Beth: Sorry, sorry. You know black don't pack.
Randall: Is that a thing?
Beth: I don't know, I just came up with it.

Jack Damon: "Abigail" for a girl?
Lucy: Hmm. They call her Abby, rhymes with "scabby", and she has a terrible life.

Lucy: We should have just learned the sex. It would have eliminated half the awful options.

Kevin: ...And I also know that you wouldn't have asked her to do that trial if you hadn't done an insane amount of research. I mean, like, Claire Danes in Homeland insane research. I get that, but...

Kate: Question for you.
Randall: Yeah.
Kate: Do you get progressively weirder as you get older? Is that what happened? ... So then when does it end? Is it like you're gonna wake up one day and, like, you're Steve Buscemi?
Kevin: He's... That's... Steve Buscemi is, like... That's his baseline.

Toby: You hear that, Jack? That's the sound of the Big Three just teasing and laughing. It's pretty much the most beautiful sound in all the land.


Rebecca: I've just been thinking a lot about their first year, Jack. Kate's first tooth and... Randall's first words. Kevin's first steps.

Toby: He is here. Okay? And I'm here. And we're gonna get through this together. All right? The three of us.

Dr. Katowski: That song. Ah. It made us happy, it made us sad, it made us happy again. The whole human experience just wrapped up in that one... song. Hospitals are kind of like that, you know. These bizarre buildings where people experience some of their greatest joys and... some of their most awful tragedies. All under one roof. I think the trick is... not trying to keep... the joys and the tragedies apart. But you kind of got to let 'em cozy up to one another. You know, let 'em coexist.
     And I think that if you can do that, if you can manage to forge ahead with all that joy and heartache mixed up together inside of you, never knowing which one's gonna get the upper hand...
     And, well, life does have a way of shaking out to be more beautiful than tragic... Not as good as the lemon thing, but it's the best I can do at short notice.

Madison: Actually, the only thing I definitively know about him is that he... comes from a long line of great love stories. And this... This would not be what he wants.

Kevin: The love of my life will be my child.
Madison: Children... It's twins, Kevin.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий